Group Sales Director - Construction Materials
Excellent long term career opportunity
Rapidly expanding business
About Our Client
An rapidly expanding AIM listed construction materials manufacturing group require a Sales Director with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive bottom line growth across a number of their businesses at an exciting period of growth.
The successful Sales Director will have a background of creating a 'can do-will do culture' with a track record of sales growth through developing new products to continue to add value to an existing customer base and into new markets.
- Full P&L sales responsibility for three businesses who manufacturer and supply a standard and bespoke range of construction materials.
- Strategic and enthusiastic leadership of a sales organisation with circa 50 staff including an effective sales leadership team, actively supporting professional and personal development
- Delivery of sales growth across the UK through a multi-channel sales environment which incorporates the trade distribution/merchants, project/specification, contractor and direct to end-customers who have a requirement.
- Represent the company at senior levels within the customer base to ensure that relationships are maintained and enhanced as an aid to achieving sales targets
- Work closely and collaborating with customers, partners, suppliers and key stakeholders within the group to maximise sales and become intimate with the inner workings of all sides of the individual businesses
- Conduct an objective review of the business and execute a strategic sales business plan designed to optimise performance through commercial growth
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the market, trends and commercial opportunities that your business and the group could exploit
- Identify new product and market opportunities and determine optimal pricing to balance profit with customer satisfaction
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record of sales leadership within the building products / construction materials sector
- Commercially astute with an externally focused market driven approach
- Strategic thinker with a strength in analysing and interpreting information
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity
- At ease at all levels and with all stakeholders in the business
- Can operate equally effectively in the boardroom and on the shop floor
What's on Offer
£six figure basic salary + bonus + car or allowance + executive benefits package