Group Senior Technical Accountant
An opportunity to join a large, fast growing, multinational in the South West
Suitable for an experienced and highly technical Financial Reporting specialist
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with IVC Evidensia, in search of a Group Senior Technical Accountant. IVC Evidensia is currently operating in 12 different countries including the UK, the Nordics, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium, France, Switzerland and Spain with over 1,600 veterinary surgeries and is Europe's largest veterinary group.
A highly acquisitive company, that is PE backed and looking to acquire 300 sites per annum across all countries.
In order to support this ambitious growth plan, the Group Finance team is being expanded, to help with the expansion into new countries, the recent adoption of IFRS and the improvement in Board reporting. The Group Senior Technical Accountant will be a key member of this growing team.
Reporting to the Group Financial Reporting Technical Manager, and part of a high calibre team of professionals, key responsibilities include:
- Leading on more technically complex deliverables during the year end process and explaining these to auditors.
- The delivery of entire sections of the IFRS consolidated year end and half year group accounts.
- Developing IFRS accounting position papers from inception to Board approval.
- Responsible for dealing with ad hoc technical accounting queries from around the group as they arise.
- Training the wider Finance team on aspects of IFRS accounting.
- Supporting the month end consolidation process, calculating and posting consolidation entries.
- The maintenance and development of certain sections in the Board report and writing commentary.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA Qualified significant post qualification experience.
- Technically strong.
- Experience of applying IFRS in the real world.
- Experience of corporate reporting in a PLC environment.
- Experience of working on multi currency group consolidations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well within the team, and communicate effectively.
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, data mapping.
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - resilience and flexibility is key.
- Can do attitude.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a hands-on approach.
- Results focused, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in processes and data consistency and the ability to be pragmatic.
- Deadline focused, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them.
What's on Offer