Group Treasury Accountant
Join a multi-national retail company, with a well established Treasury function
A successful Treasury team with a large level of deliverables over the next year
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-national retialing company headquartered in London, with regional offices also. It is an increasingly growing business with a large level of deliverables over the next year! The client is looking for a qualified Treasury Accountant to join the team and become involved in the daily management and reporting of the Group Treasury activity.
The key accountabilities of the Group Treasury Accountant will include:
- Prepare and review monthly accounting information for central Treasury and head office financing and investment subsidiaries and upload primary financial statements to Group reporting system.
- Analyse variances which arise between budgets, forecasts and actual outtum and through discussions with group companies provide explanations working closely with Group Treasury.
- Assist with the accounting for key financing transactions that take place within the Group. This will require liaising with Group Tax, Group Accountants and Front Office Treasury.
- Preparing and uploading forecasts for central Treasury and head office structure companies
- Liaise regularly with operating companies to assist with Treasury queries.
- Liaise with auditors during the half year review, year-end audit and the statutory accounts audit of Treasury entities.
- Prepare monthly financial instrument valuations using the Treasury Management System. Complete hedge effectiveness testing and ensure hedge documentation is kept up to date.
- Prepare disclosures for the Group financial statements concerning financial instruments and hedge accounting, ensuring compliance with IAS32, IFRS9, IFRS7 disclosures.
- Provide IFRS9 cash flow hedge accounting entries advice to the Operating companies.
- Review foreign exchange positions regularly, ensuring appropriate accounting treatment and hedging transactions are undertaken to minimise income statement volatility.
- Be the primary point of reference for the development and maintenance of the 'back office' functionality of the Treasury Management System.
- Day to day management of, and development support provided to, the Group Graduate Accountant on performing daily and weekly back office tasks (payment verifications, settlement, confirmations and bank reconciliations).
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Group Treasury Accountant position you should have:
- Graduate calibre, ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) qualified.
- Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS, specifically IFRS9, IAS32 and IFRS 7 is essential.
- Treasury Accounting background, including experience with City Financials (or another treasury management system) and Hyperion (or another consolidation reporting system), an advantage however not a requirement.
- Good analytical, organisation, and interpersonal skills.
- Competent and comfortable using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, with a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines
- Motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
What's on Offer
A competitive package is on offer for the successful candidate.