Head of Buying
Well estbalished retailer, going through significant growth
Looking for a Head of Buying to help lead the next stage of their evolution.
About Our Client
The Client are a well known FMCG/ Food Retail business who have gone through significant growth in recent years and also gone through a cultural shift whereby creating more collaborative processes. The company are ever evolving and rely on their senior management team to take a hands on approach to ensure the company is operating optimally and ahead of the curve and gaining competitive advantage where they can.
As Head of Buying you will be responsible for
- Managing the P&L of the biggest category in the business, setting the strategy and ensuring optimal performance.
- Managing a large team at all levels, ensuring they are equipped to perform the day to day requirements in order to achieve the long term strategic goals
- Work closely with suppliers, building long term sustainable business plans to ensure optimal commercial return and exclusivity where appropriate
- Being the figure head for the largest category in the business, updating all business units and partners on performance, direction and strategy.
- Ensuring category is evolving in line with customer needs, wants and behaviours to retain a competitive advantage and stay at the forefront of market performance
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Head of Buying will
- Have Significant Retail Buying or Procurement Experience
- Have worked in a heavily branded retail environment, as well as overseen own label development
- Have experience working in the FMCG or Food Sector previously
- Be a great team leader, relish developing subordinates and building long term careers.
- Be a strong communicator, be able to influence at all levels internally and externally
- Be adaptable and able to initiate change and evolution in all aspects of the work place
- Be able to commute to Hertfordshire on a daily basis
What's on Offer
The Successful Head of Buying will be rewarded with a competitive package of up to £100k + bonus and benefits. They will be working for a business who are committed to upskilling their team members and also evolving business practices to ensure they are at the forefront of the industry and also able to attract further talented individuals.
If this is of interest, please do apply ASAP as it will not be on the market for too long.