Head of Commercial Finance
Commercially focused leadership position
High-growth, PE-backed organisation
About Our Client
Our client is an established international company with UK headquarters in Birmingham. Due to ongoing growth, this PE-backed service provider would like to bring on board a Head of Commercial Finance.
Reporting to the CFO, this Head of Commercial Finance is viewed as a senior, high profile and critical position within the Group. In line with the organic growth trajectory and continued increase of market share, there is greater expectation on Finance to better serve the operations through best-in-class commercial analysis, insight and decision support.
Therefore a high calibre Head of Commercial Finance is required, to lead a team of business partners and own the ongoing development of an added value and business facing commercial finance team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business partner with the CFO and key operational heads to provide insight and support decision making.
- Develop and maintain a suite of 'best-in-class' financial models to support commercial activity
- Work with business partners to develop targets, quarterly forecasts, budgets and long-term views.
- Full ownership of the financial planning and forecasting process and setting KPI targets.
- Work closely with senior Finance leads to ensure a rounded understanding of the financial impacts across the business.
- Build strong relationships with the executive team and provide support to the Business Unit Leaders on financial and commercial issues, as required.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the ongoing development of the Commercial Finance team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a track record of delivering results in a similar senior commercial finance or business partnering role.
You must be able to demonstrate pace, first class communication skills and examples of influencing cross functional stakeholders at a senior level.
Ultimately the Head of Commercial Finance will be viewed as a trusted advisor to the business. Experience of providing effective support to new commercial opportunities is essential.
Understanding and demonstrating 'what good looks like' via best-in-class financial modelling, analysis and commentary whilst championing continuous improvement is core to this role.
What's on Offer
£75,000 - £90,000 + benefits package