- An iconic UK brand with an exceptional reputation on a global scale
- Be an integral part of the exciting growth and business transformation strategy
About Our Client
The Royal Mint is a unique organisation with more than 1000 years of history and a brand that is close to the nation's heart. Building on the foundation of this rich heritage, TRM is undergoing an exciting transformation that harnesses it's exceptional global reputation and British craftmanship, alongside modern manufacturing and commercial practices. Already the world's largest exporting mint, TRM has a successful and growing portfolio of exciting international B2B and B2C businesses, including their rapidly growing precious metals business, eye opening experiences, investment opportunities and currency solutions.
As the Head of Commercial you will advise and lead on commercial plans for the business to support the 5-year growth and business transformation plan, utilising exceptional financial acumen and commercial evaluation.
- Be the trusted commercial business partner to the Executive Team advising and leading on commercial deals through valuable analysis and insight.
- Proactive commercial support to emerging programmes and business development opportunities both in the UK and internationally.
- Lead, advise on and negotiate commercial agreements with outside parties, working closely with Head of Procurement, Legal Counsel and Business Directors.
- Lead and advise on contractual and commercial risk assessments to balance risk and commercial opportunities.
- Lead 'Go/No Go' commercial decisions on transformation and growth strategies.
- Identify various levers to generate more opportunities to gain commercial advantage and reduce any potential losses to the business.
- Deep understanding of the portfolio of businesses key performance drivers and market trends.
- Evaluate recent and potential investment opportunities, ascertaining commercial value and ROI.
- Continually review and evolve the commercial systems and processes used to track, oversee, and organise commercial decisions.
- Work with members of the Executive team to provide a cohesive leadership approach which encourages cross team work to maximise the success of The Royal Mint.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have demonstrated successes utilising a combined approach of exceptional financial analysis and leading commercial business decision making processes.
- Extensive experience of working with Executive teams and Business Directors leading the realisation of commercial opportunities both in the UK and internationally
- Strong commercial/financial background with relevant qualifications
- Extensive experience of driving business growth through identification and realisation of commercial opportunities and cost-effectiveness strategies through a deep knowledge of the market place in which the company operates
- Significant expertise in commercial negotiations
- Demonstrable experience of taking a broad business approach and deep understanding of the wider environment in which an organisation operates: its customers, competitors and suppliers.
- Deep understanding of the economics of a business and understanding the business benefits and realities from both the organisation's and the customer's perspectives.
- Proven ability to foresee and manage opportunities and risks and to manage them to create enhanced value for the organisation
- Proven experience of driving improvements through systems, processes and technology
- Experience of influencing and leading cross functional teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Passionately articulates a compelling vision and direction for the business, gaining the support and confidence of everyone.
- Builds performance-driven, cohesive teams with a strong team spirit that inspires and motivates departments and the organisation.
- Takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
- Open to possibilities and constantly looking externally to find ways to make the organisation more successful.
What's on Offer
£80-£90,000 Annual Salary + 20% Annual Bonus + competitive benefits.