- Membership association
About Our Client
Our client is a Not-For-Profit Membership Association that provides support to small businesses.
The Head of Communications will be responsible for driving activities across Media, Lobbying and Internal Communications. As part of a fast-paced, collaborative team with shared responsibility and effort, this role plays a crucial role in retaining and gaining new members.
The Head of Communications will run the Wales press office, responding to media enquiries, writing press releases and articles for publication and proactively identifying press, broadcast and digital media opportunities. In conjunction with the Head of External Affairs, the successful candidate will devise and implement a proactive media plan alongside processes to monitor existing activities, liaising with development managers to ensure they are engaged in all plans. This role is hands-on, requiring the successful candidate to maintain the organisation's social media presence in Wales, and localising all national media plans.
The Head of Communications will use their well-honed stakeholder management skills to advocate the organisation's policy to key decision-makers and influencers including Ministers, Politicians and Civil Servants, representing the group on forums, bodies and external groups, all the while coordinating relevant communications and events with the team.
The successful candidate will hold responsibility for internal communications, ensuring the business is kept up-to-date with all external communications activities, producing copy for internal newsletters and publications.
This role is as self-managing role and office-based in Cardiff. The role will require some planned out-of-hours work to support the media team.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Communications will:
- Have a track record in external affairs and marketing communications
- Have a track record in a media-facing role
- Have experience writing press releases for media engagement
- Have a track record liaising with politicians other senior decision-makers in public life
- Have a working knowledge of political processes in Wales
- Have a strong internal communications track record
- Have a working knowledge of social media and writing relevant copy
- Be degree educated (or equivalent)
- Be a self-starter
- Have proven stakeholder management skills
- Have a track record working to tight deadlines
What's on Offer
Up to £37,920 + Benefits