- Provide day to day advice and guidance to the business
- Champion a culture of compliance throughout the Society
About Our Client
Our client are committed to providing the best service possible. Over the years, they've won numerous industry awards, including Best Income Protection Provider and Service Beyond the Call of Duty, and they aim to win many more in the future.
The key responsibilities of this Head of Compliance based in Cirencester are:
- Subject matter expert on the legal and regulatory landscape that impacts the Society and be the primary point of contact in the provision of regulatory advice to internal stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with regulatory and legislative changes that may impact the Society and ensure the business is appropriately forewarned with analysis/ detail proportionate to the potential impact of the change.
- Provide day to day advice and guidance to the business on compliance related matters, including participation/ support of projects and change initiatives from a regulatory perspective as required.
- Leadership on delivery of the annual compliance monitoring plan which includes delivery of all reviews to an appropriate standard of quality and in accordance with agreed timescales
- Responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of the Compliance Manual.
- Champion a culture of compliance throughout the Society to ensure everyone understands the principles and meets our external regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Maintaining effective communication at all levels of the Society, both internally and externally, to ensure that the ethics of the Society are not compromised, and its reputation is maintained.
- Support the Chair of Audit & Risk Committee as required
The Successful Applicant
Our client are looking for candidates who have:
- Previous PRA and FCA Compliance experience within the Insurance Sector.
- Previous experience in GDPR - e.g. in an advisory capacity from a Compliance perspective.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment within the Financial Services sector.
- Proven stakeholder management experience with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the organisation.
- Solid negotiation skills with the willingness and ability to adapt influencing styles/ approaches as needed.
- A high degree of motivation, particularly in order to develop an in-depth knowledge of relevant procedures and specific areas of responsibility
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to change priorities to meet developing business needs.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive base salary up to £75,000
up to 10% noncontributory pension
Performance related bonus
28 days Annual Leave
36.25 hour working week
Death in Service cover of 4 x base salary
Private Health Cover