Head of Content and Brand
This role leads a team of 6 people
Opportunity to work at one of the UK's leading universites
About Our Client
Our client is a university based in London.
Our client is looking for a Head of Content and Brand to manage, enthuse and excite a team of 6 people. You will be responsible for 3 designers and 3 content staff. This role is permanent and based in London.
Our client is especially keen to see candidates that have experience creating videos from brief through to delivery.
- Provide sound and relevant advice to colleagues and senior managers on content and editorial, branding (both visual and verbal identity) and graphic design
- Examine the organisation's needs and priorities to identify the role for content and design, and translate this into measurable objectives and initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, advocates and partners to gather intelligence and build an effective environment for the delivery of successful content and designed materials (digital and print) that are brand compliant, whether produced by the Marketing and Communications directorate or by faculties, schools and institutes.
- Lead the development, implementation and review of effective content and editorial, design and brand management strategies, ensuring integration across all relevant channels
- Use your knowledge of design, brand and content landscapes to develop innovative ideas in support of these strategies
- Ensure the organisational infrastructure is in place to deliver high-quality and creative content, editorial and design services to the University, whether delivered by the Marketing and Communications directorate or by faculties, schools and institutes
- Set the standard for excellent writing, editorial and graphic design skills within the Marketing & Communications directorate, and ensure these standards across your team
- Provide quality control of editorial and brand control to ensure appropriate content, messaging, tone and consistency in all communications
- Lead the development and delivery of a digital-first content management strategy that ensures content is written once and used many times as appropriate
- Provide functional leadership across the University for content, editorial, graphic design and branding, providing leadership, coaching and practical support to communications colleagues across the University
- Lead the management of brand compliance across the University, including means of evaluating compliance and resolving issues
- Lead of the identification of evaluation criteria for content, design and brand management
- Evaluate the effectiveness of content, design and brand management against objectives, learning lessons and comparing with industry best practice to support the improvement of future strategies
- Report on evaluation to colleagues and senior managers, and share learnings for the benefit of future activities
Other duties and responsibilities
- Effectively manage relevant budgets and procurement activities and frameworks, ensuring value for money and the most effective use of existing resources to deliver more/the same with less within given budgets as required
- Support the delivery of major external events, including Graduations and Open Days. This may require out of hours working for which your time will be compensated as per your contract.
- Act as an ambassador for the University's brand (both verbal and visual identity), championing its use across the institution as well as your own area of work.
The Successful Applicant
Our client will also consider candidates from outside the education sector.
Line management experience is essential.
What's on Offer
The salary is £50K.