Head of Corporate & Colleague Communications
Join a successful organisation and leader in the UK Water Industry
A senior leadership position, creating communications strategy across the Group
About Our Client
Founded in 1989, Pennon has been driven by its strategic vision to become a leader in UK infrastructure, delivering for the benefit of customers, communities and the environment. With circa 2000 employees across a complex network of improvement project sites, offices and service areas across the South West.
You will create the Corporate and Colleague Communications strategy for three of their successful subsidiaries within the Group.
South West Water provide water and waste water services to a population of c.1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, parts of Dorset and Somerset, and the Isles of Scilly. South West Water was awarded enhanced status for its 2015-2020 Business Plan, delivering sector leading returns.
Bournemouth Water provides water services to a population of c.0.5 million in areas of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire. Bournemouth Water was acquired in April 2015 and has been integrated with South West Water to deliver synergies and savings.
Pennon Water Services are business water specialists, licensed by Ofwat, providing water retail services for all business customer's water management needs.
Continuously striving to improve performance, the role requires the post holder to display the highest levels of integrity and must actively promote behaviours that are consistent with the Group's values; Trusted, Collaborative, Progressive, and Responsible.
- This is a key leadership position, reporting to the Group Chief People Officer, based in Exeter, the Head of Corporate & Colleague Communications, will be responsible for directing all aspects of the Groups communications, including external & corporate communications with key stakeholder groups and internal engagement with colleagues.
- Overseeing the development and management of the Communications team and budget, you will be responsible for the delivery of effective communications programmes aligned with, and directly contributing to, the core business objectives of Pennon and its operating companies.
- Implementing effective communications initiatives and programmes to protect and enhance the reputation of Pennon and its operating businesses, building brand loyalty and advocacy with employees, customers and stakeholders.
- Direct and coordinate effective use of digital communications (online and social media), creating rich and creative content. Driving targeted media relations and PR programmes, engaging with national, regional and sector media with strong and engaging content and consistent key messaging.
- Represent the Group and operating companies as required at local and national level to promote the Company's interest with stakeholders, customers and trade and industry bodies.
- Develop and ensure effective delivery of targeted strategies and programmes of internal communications, supporting enhanced employee engagement and productivity and creating informed brand ambassadors across the Pennon Group.
- Provide expert advice on all aspects of communications to the Group Executive Leadership Team.
- Provision of required Board reports, design and content for annual reporting, external position statements and reports, any required marketing and promotional literature and other branded business support materials.
- Ensure overall company external and internal communications governance, protocols and controls are robust and fit for purpose.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Corporate & Colleague Communications will have:
- The successful applicant will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and possess a recognised CIPR or other relevant post-graduate qualification, with active membership of relevant professional or trade body.
- The Head of Corporate and Colleague Communications will have a successful track record in producing communications strategies using multiple channels to engage and influence targeted audiences across both Internal and External Communications.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of commercial environmental services, water, energy and/or utility sectors, or similar industries.
- You will have strong leadership experience having grown and developed a high performance in-house Communications teams, with key successes in planning and implementing multi-discipline internal/external communications plans and programmes in a large, complex and listed/commercial organisation.
- Experience of directing and delivering multi-channel digital communications programmes.
- Managing and influencing diverse teams and direct reports with a high degree of expertise in conflict resolution, coaching, facilitating team dynamics and change management. Successfully managing reputation in crisis/contingency planning/defence scenarios.
- Experience of managing multiple communications and public affairs consultants and agencies.
- The Head of Corporate and Colleague Communications will display excellent influencing and leadership skills, be capable of driving change and withhold the utmost personal integrity and south judgement in line with the Group's values of Trusted, Collaborative, Responsible, and Progressive.
What's on Offer
What's on Offer:
The successful Head of Corporate & Colleague Communications will receive an excellent Remuneration Package and benefits.