Head of Credit Administration
This candidate will manage the Credit Administration Department
This involves overseeing the team which manages the credit portfolio
About Our Client
My client is an international bank. This role is based in the City of London.
The Head of Credit Administration will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the team which manages the credit portfolio, ensuring that the facilities are disbursed and monitored in accordance with the approved conditions, internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Overseeing implementation and execution of all loan facilities, in particular mortgages (including all matters relating to documentation; e.g. facility letters, legal charges, personal guarantees, assignment of rental income, charge over deposit, etc).
- Overseeing loan and investment documentations and liaise with the business and external parties to ensure proper and efficient delivery of the duties of the department
- The safe custody of legal documentation and maintenance of Security Register Appoint and interact with surveyors to prepare valuation reports and ensure compliance with credit approvals
- Managing the repayments process, including the collection of outstanding and overdue payments in addition to dealing with early settlements and loan redemptions
- Managing property valuation, insurance and lending database and renewals as per Bank's lending policy
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure all conditions within facility documentation are met pre disbursement
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies owned by CAD remain relevant and are updated at all times
- Ensure that the credit administration processes, objectives and and risk assessment remain current and that the respective controls are in place and remain effective at all times, escalating matters when the control assurance cannot be attested
- Act as the representative in signing deeds and bank guarantees to the matters where power of attorney is granted
- Liaise with solicitors and valuers as part of taking, holding and releasing collateral.
- Control the recording, deposit and withdrawal of the security documentations properly
- Generate, review and maintain loan disbursement reports for presentation to credit committees, and provide monthly reports on the same, in accordance to the credit policy and guidelines.
- Generate redemption statements in accordance with agreed terms and conditions for the loan.
- Ensure all lending Documentation is complete as per the Company Policy and Procedures with respect to amount of finance, terms and conditions, borrower's borrowing mandate, authorised signatory etc.
- Ensure that there is a robust process for the safe custody and control of all security documents
- Ensure compliance with the internal policy, credit approval terms and conditions regulatory ratio / policies etc., complete set of documentation Is complete and verification, thereof, before approving any new finance request
- Responsible for collateral valuation, collateral insurance, collateral monitoring and collateral reconciliation with original documents.
- Approval from relevant authorities is held for deferral / waiver of incomplete documents
- Monitoring compliance with terms and conditions of the credit facility agreements.
- Ensuring post disbursement compliance with approved terms and conditions, assignment of rights, review expiry of credits, progress payment insurance, etc
- Review daily system credit monitoring and management reports and identify non performing accounts with irregularities and proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action taken in line with credit policy.
- Monitor all irregularities, past dues, documentation deficiencies, etc., and report to Senior Management
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Credit Administration will have/be:
- 5 years plus experience in managing a CAD department handling primarily regulated and unregulated mortgages
- Deep understanding of regulated and unregulated mortgages
- Participations/syndications experience would be beneficial
- Experience in overseeing arrears and watch-list would be highly beneficial
- Degree in Law, legal or paralegal experience would be beneficial
- A proactive problem solver with excellent credit and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and multitasking abilities
- A result oriented team player, honest, and of high integrity Ability to work with minimum supervision
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role based in London.