Head of Customer Proposition
Brand new position within fantastic charity
Opportunity to improve customer proposition across all touch points
About Our Client
Michael Page is excited to represent the disability charity Scope, in their search for a Head of Customer Proposition.
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of everything that Scope does. Their vision is to continue to harness a diverse and inclusive workplace. They are not only a disability-friendly employer but keen to attract applications from as wide a talent pool as possible.
The Head of Customer Proposition is a new commercial, customer-centric senior leadership role. Its purpose is to deliver a highly engaging and differentiated customer experience. And ensure that the customer and community are at the heart of everything that Retail does.
The Head of Customer Proposition will look after three key areas of the Retail business:
- E-commerce: driving and developing Scope's fledgling online customer offer to hit ambitious commercial growth figures and deliver a great customer shopping experience.
- New goods and Scope own-label: developing a cutting-edge and commercially profitable strategy for buying and merchandising new goods (6-8% of sales) and own-label products that are in line with customers' needs and wants.
- Estate proposition: leading on all strategic aspects of the estate proposition. The role would work in close partnership with the Head of Retail (who is accountable for the operational delivery of the estate strategy).
- Developing a pioneering charity store of the future
- Developing a new proposition, including format and brand. And ensuring alignment with customer behaviour, needs, and wants
- Optimising the current estate
The role will manage a team from day one and will also be responsible for identifying new roles to increase commercial output. Scope is looking for a candidate with leadership skills who can engage stakeholders at all levels.
The Head of Customer Proposition will have full autonomy for the customer proposition. They will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and will report to the Executive Director for Retail and Communities.
This role will be the face of the Retail brand to the customer. They will engage with Scope's diverse customer community through holding forums and discussion groups to understand how to improve loyalty and retention and build on the customer base.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Customer Proposition will
- Have experience working in a leadership capacity in a retail environment.
- Be a passionate leader of people, coach, and developer, with the ability to win hearts and minds.
- Be able to take stakeholders on a journey with them. Engage, challenge and influence at all levels and drive positive change.
- Spot commercial opportunities, be brave enough to back their convictions and put a plan in place to achieve improved results.
- Have a strong understanding of e-commerce and running a profitable and growing online proposition. Ideally will have experience working with market-place providers such as eBay, Amazon, etc.
- Have experience in identifying, sourcing, and bringing new customer focussed products to market. With the ability to show strong commercial return on own-label goods.
- Understand Retail stores, how to operate, identify areas of improvement, and drive change.
- Be a strategic thinker, able to keep the 3-5-year plan in sight, whilst also ensuring the day to day tactical operations are running.
- Be collaborative in everything they do with internal and external stakeholders. Immerse themselves in the retail estate and the customer community. Listen to suggestions and install positive change.
- Live the charity's core values and show these in all their actions
- Have a proven commitment to equality and diversity
- Be a real brand ambassador and wear the charity's badge with pride and passion
What's on Offer
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of everything that Scope does. I will ask all candidates if they have any access requirements to help optimise their interview performance.
Scope guarantees interviews for any disabled applicant who can show they have the essential skills and experience to do the job.
I will ask every candidate selected for pre-screening the same questions. Each candidate will be scored on five areas which will be assessed in line with Scope's values.
Candidates will be made aware of the five areas before the initial interview and will have time to prepare.
After the initial screening process, the seven top-performing candidates will be shortlisted. The shortlist will be presented to Scope fully anonymised to remove any unconscious bias.
Please feel confident in applying for this position. It is a wonderful role, with a charity full of integrity, great values, and a fantastic line manager!
I will make sure every candidate invited to interview feels welcome and hopefully we can have some fun as well!! P.s. Fun is not mandatory haha!