- One of the fastest growing third party logistics businesses in the UK
- Opportunity to drive real change and transformation within Logistics
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics are exclusively recruiting for a Head of Customs role for a rapidly growing lead logistics provider based in the UK.
The organisation has gone from strength to strength almost quadrupling their turnover in the space of 9 years. They believe now is the right time to create a best in class customs operations within the UK and are looking for someone who has managed and led productive and efficient customs teams.
The business employ over 600 people across 50 locations worldwide. The business have gone from strength to strength and in 2011 they were a €60m turnover business. Fast forward to 2021 and the company are on track to turnover €300m!
They're now looking to grow their UK operations from the Midlands and are looking for a Head of Customs & Trade Compliance to lead all logistics based activities.
The Head of Customs & Trade Compliance will be responsible for overseeing the company's compliance in adherence to AEO regulations.
They will also be responsible for developing new commercial opportunities in the customs department.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Supervision of Agents currently employed.
- Provide Customs subject matter expertise support and leadership to the UK and Ireland teams.
- Practical support in the preparation and submission of more complex declarations.
- Assign resourcing and training in maintaining capability to complete transactions in AIS, AEP, ICS and NCTS as required by services and customers.
- Review Customs transactions in the system and Customs billing reconciliation month.
- Completing and validating Customs compliant documentation.
- Updating internal system regarding Customs related matters. (AEO)
- Oversee Customs Compliance by maintaining and update a system of control governance.
- Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation.
- Support the operations team in gathering information on other customs related subject.
- Support in reconciliation of monthly Duty deferment account.
- Build relationship with Customs platform software providers ensuring operating environment is always the latest version.
- Develop KPI set to measure Customs clearance performance and benchmark against best-in class peer group.
- Creating invoices for month end billing for customers.
- Complete reporting customer & Revenue.
- Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is received.
- Provide completed Customs documentation to Customer.
- Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
- Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis, when/if required.
- Ensure a succession plan within your team that supports personal development and career progression for your team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years in a Freight Forwarding Customs team.
- People management responsibility is essential
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of working at a fast pace
- Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint.
- Excellent level of English Oral and Written is required.
- Professional and focused approach with a high level to attention and detail.
- Attention to analytics and conformance with defined procedures in tight time lines.
- Customer focused with desire to always strive for excellence.
- Positive 'can do' attitude and highly ambitious approach.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Increased level of flexibility to meet time lines on reporting.
- Exceptional Communication skills
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £70,000 + incredible benefits package including bonus and equity in the business