- Opportunity to build a BI & Data Analytics function from inception
- Opportunity to deploy advanced analytics and Data Science
About Our Client
Leading UK Society supporting the development of education & research in Life Sciences
Leading UK Society supporting the development of education & research in Life Sciences require a Head of Data and Analytics to lead the development of strategic insights, business intelligence, actionable analytics and reporting to enable staff, members and key stakeholders to improve operational processes, enhance the customer experience and inform strategic and policy decisions.
You will be responsible for delivering strategic change across 4 key areas:
- Work collaboratively with staff across the organisation to lead on the development, implementation and management of the data strategy, standards, and processes (including quality assurance).
- Design, manage the structure, logic, integrity and accuracy of membership and transactional data in the CRM system/data warehouse
- Lead on the development and management of an analytics and reporting environment to provide data and tools to become an evidence-based, data driven organisation.
- Work with the Diversity and Inclusion Team on the collection, quality assurance, analysis and reporting of member and staff diversity monitoring data
Business intelligence, analytics and automation to drive operational efficiencies:
- With the implementation of a new CRM system, identify opportunities to automate processes and optimise the use of data to drive improved efficiencies and to develop, and monitor key performance indicators.
- Develop standardised, automated self-service reports and dashboards on member data, KPIs etc to meet the business needs of Directorates and member networks.
- Actively work as a business partner and consultant to Directorates, Boards and member networks to identify relevant data and analytics to provide insights to inform strategy, identify business opportunities and address operational needs.
- Work with the knowledge management function to develop and evolve knowledge management processes and systems, including AI-powered search functions and natural language processing to optimise access to information and deliver knowledge as a service to staff and members.
Enhancing the customer experience:
- Develop and implement a dynamic predictive member segmentation model to provide insights into members' needs and interests, predict trends, produce insights to identify opportunities for innovative, new products and services, optimised marketing for existing products, opportunities to expand membership and highlight potential risks to member retention
- Work with the Communications and Engagement Directorate to optimise use of DotDigital to send personalised member communications, including analysis of randomized controlled trials and A/B testing to determine the most effective approaches to member engagement and marketing of specific products based on the dynamic predictive member segmentation
- Develop chatbots to answer common member queries to reduce member queries, gain insights and understanding of members' interests and preferences.
- Use NLP and sentiment analysis to analyse emails, concerns and complaints to identify trends and provide insights to enhance customer service and improve the member journey
Data analytics for insights and decision making
- Develop the processes and tools to carry out data collection and deliver analysis and insights and identify risks and opportunities to support decision making.
- Support horizon scanning with forecasting and trend analysis. Identify relevant third party data sources and carry out analyses using multiple data sources to provide the evidence base for practice, policy and research thought leadership.
- Provide stratified sampling and appropriate weighting to support teams and member networks conducting research to ensure evidence is based on representative samples.
The Successful Applicant
- An inspirational leader with experience of delivering change and implementing a successful data strategy for an organisation at the strategic, policy and operational
- Experience of data and analytics design, management and delivery including:data warehousing, business intelligence, data governance, data architecture and data
- Experience of developing and implementing a business intelligence function to produce standardised, automated self-service reports and dashboards
- Experience of using data science, analytics and forecasting to improve operational efficiency, solve operational and strategic business problems across all lines of business and a range of technology platforms
- Experience of using AWS and/or Azure to train, deploy, automate, and manage machine learning models
- Experience of developing and implementing a dynamic predictive customer segmentation model to leverage insights and predict trends to identify opportunities to increase revenue and identify new revenue streams.
- Advanced proficiency in Power BI, R, Python, Google Analytics and SQL
What's on Offer
Opportunity to build a BI & Data Analytics function from inception
Opportunity to deploy advanced analytics and Data Science