- Exciting opportunity to join this organization as a Head of DBA
- Up to £67,311 salary PLUS Benefits
About Our Client
This is an exciting time to join this Public Sector Organisation as they are undergoing a major transformation programme, and this is a unique opportunity for the right person to lead the database team as they make fundamental changes to their data and IT systems to modernise their platforms.
While still maintaining a traditional SQL server estate for their current systems, they are also now beginning their journey to use Microsoft Azure and SQL PaaS to build resilient, reliable and robust systems for the future.
- The Head of DBA will manage a team of database specialists and engineers ensuring operational services are integrated, delivered, and operated as required.
- The Head of DBA will also advise and support best practices and processes in managing Microsoft SQL Server.
- Will act as SME for SQL Server and advise/guide on its uses within the organisation.
- Will be required to lead the team on projects and tasks, co-ordinating effort, and resources. Mentoring and guiding team members to support the database environment
- Responsible for the technical roadmap for the team and setting the team vision and direction, preparing and leading the team for the changes resulting from the organisations transformation programme.
- Will provide thought leadership for the DBA team on behalf of the client, keeping abreast of new developments in the industry and gaining an understanding on how new and emerging technologies are being deployed. Utilising this knowledge to advance business solutions, technical strategies and roadmaps.
- As the lead yideally have 3 + years' experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server administration, and have a good understanding of database design and SQL performance management - ideally
The Successful Applicant
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Platform administration from versions 2012 onwards.
- An in-depth knowledge of SQL Server waits stats and performance indicators.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL high availability technologies and best practice, specifically AOAG's.
- Experience of database design/management.
- Good analytical skills and a logical mindset for problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Experience of managing a SQL Estate and the various tools available to facilitate this.
- Knowledge of project management and resource management.
- Must have 3 + years' experience of working with Microsoft SQL Server administration, and have a good understanding of database design and SQL performance management.
What's on Offer
- Fully remote role.
- A flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part-time and term-time working.
- Offering a salary package £56,453 - £67,311 dependant on skills and experience (Maximum salary amount includes Recruitment Retention Allowance and Technical Allowances of up to £8,037.)
- Eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments.
- A very generous pension scheme with 27.1% - 27.9% employer contributions.
- Excellent development opportunities
- Trainer-led learning through Civil Service Learning and our training partners.
- Unlimited Pluralsight video learning access.
- Access to Microsoft's ESI training suite.
- Substantial support for career progression mechanisms, interview technique, coaching & mentoring and much more.
- The opportunity to form part of our many inclusive network groups.
- A variety of support functions including our excellent Staff Counselling Service which is a source of support for all staff.
- Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external;
- Opportunities to join many civil-service clubs such as the Sports and Social Association, Motoring Club (CSMA), which provide numerous discounts to members