Head of Delivery - Highways
£55,000 - £85,000
Leading organisation in the Highways sector
Operations leader for the region
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of Highways services across the UK
- The business has a significantly growing programme of capital investment in the strategic road network. They deliver most of the investment using their supply chain and therefore have growing demand on supply chain. This role is to develop and implement a series of interventions and transformation activities to support and enable the supply chain in to develop sufficient capacity and capability to enable delivery of the growing investment programme.
Day to Day:
- To develop and refine a series of interventions and transformation activities (the programme) to ensure that the supply chain has sufficient capacity and capability available to deliver the capital investment programme
- To manage the programme and ensure it the planned benefits
- To ensure the supply chain has visibility of the businesses future work bank and the types of skills that will be needed.
- To work closely with internal stakeholders across Highways England in developing and implementing solutions to ensure support for the programme.
- To work collaboratively with the supply chain in developing and implementing the programme.
- To engage with key external stakeholders such as industry forums, our shareholder Department for Transport, and our monitor Office for Rail and Road (ORR) to ensure support for the programme.
- To develop and secure approval for the business case for the programme.
- To regularly report of the progress and success of the programme.
- To ensure there is a clear communication plan in place and promote the programme internally and externally.
- To ensure core drivers and the business environment are understood
The Successful Applicant
- Strong operations management experience within the Highways, Rail, or Utilities sectors
- Demonstrable capability to manage a programme of work.
- Able to develop, recommend, and identify class leading solutions in a complex environment
- Evidence of working successfully to influence programmes, projects and project managers both in and out of the immediate team.
- Evidence of successful engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good understanding of the supply chain markets within a relevant sector.
- Good commercial awareness of project and programme delivery.
- Awareness of the development of skills (preferable)
What's on Offer
£55000 to £85000 + package benefits