Head of Development (Poland)
You will have the possibility to define the development strategy for Poland
You will be working closely with the CEO of a leading Belgian Property Developer
About Our Client
Immobel has been a central figure in the Belgian property development market for more than 150 years. They propose a unique model which centres its development on growth and the human factor.
Since it was founded in 1863, Immobel has been developing, to the point of becoming the largest real estate developer quoted on the Belgian stock market, and a key player in European property development.
Their experience and know-how in the residential, offices, retail and land-banking sectors enable them to stand out today as reference in the domain.
IMMOBEL puts its team, of almost 200 talented people, at the service of institutions, private and public investors along with private individuals, in order to develop projects in Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland, France, Spain and Germany.
The Group currently has 800,000 sq m under development and a stock market capitalisation of more than 500 million Euros.
Since expanding the development activities in Poland in 2010 the Group has become a market leader in developing grade A office buildings in prime central locations. In just a few years Immobel has also become an expert in the Polish residential market by offering exclusive and high quality projects.
Due to the success the Group is experiencing in Poland, Page Group has been retained to help identify a Head of Development to be based in Warsaw, and who will become the CEO's right hand. He/She will be sourcing and developing Immobel's office, residential, hotel, and mixed use development projects in Poland; be tasked with increasing the project pipeline from circa 400m euros to 1bn euros in Gross Development Value.
As Head of Development you will be working closely with the CEO to optimise the development strategy for Poland, and have the overall responsibility of the entire development life-cycle for all projects. You will be involved in: site identification & acquisition, through to the appointment of external consultant teams, managing the development of the design and planning applications, procurement of the main contractor, and overseeing the construction delivery through to the sales process.
- Assess new opportunities and lead the acquisition process.
- Identify, source, acquire and manage projects throughout the development process, and optimise financial returns.
- Define optimal design and products suitable and viable for the Polish market.
- Conduct feasibility, viability studies, and manage profitability and returns on capital's expenditure.
- Define the development team and scope of architects, engineers, main contractors, etc.
- Manage the planning process with internal & external support.
- Monitor, together with the Technical Director, the construction process.
- Manage, with internal support, the leasing and sales processes for each project.
- Define and implement, together with the CEO, the development strategy.
- Monitor project construction budgets, sales and leasing trends, and compare to the original feasibility assumptions.
- Closely monitor the sales process of the developments, and adjust them where necessary.
- Propose new Joint Venture development opportunities to the Investment Committees.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered you must be a proven developer with a track record of delivering multi-asset projects: offices, residential, hotels and retail. You will be key point of contact for public authorities, and provide front-end advice to the CEO and Technical Director for the Polish property sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Real Estate Development professional, with experience on large scale complex schemes from inception through to completion, and has delivered projects across multiple European markets, ideally for an international developer.
Due to the nature of the role, the Head of Development will be optimising the processes for early feasibility & viability studies, and setting up structured reporting procedures.
You will need to possess a strong financial acumen, combined with a creative problem solving, and analytical ability as well as having strong negotiation skills.
What's on Offer
A very competitive salary, a good benefits and bonus package.
A relocation package is also included.