- Strong understanding of the health life sciences sectors in Wales
- Working in a complex environment with a number of stakeholders
About Our Client
My client is a leading subsidiary of the Welsh government going through an exciting period of transformation. Due to this they require an experienced Head of Digital to join their team.
You will be part of an organisation whose mission is to accelerate the development and adoption of innovative solutions for better health and well being.
The successful Head of Digital and AI will be responsible for:
- Building and nurturing relationships with digital health care companies, clinical and academic partners showing endeavour for exploring and implementing digital innovative solutions in technology, system and process that help address unmet heath or social care needs.
- Identify the needs, challenges, opportunities, new developments, and emergent ideas to drive delivery of and support digital innovative health life sciences solutions.
- Generate a strong pipeline of short, medium, and long term health digital innovation projects which tackle unmet health and social care needs, accelerate the adoption of digital health care technologies, system and process, and create sustainable business growth and job creation in Wales.
- Convene project teams with the appropriate knowledge, expertise, and skills; and provide signposting advice.
- Foster collaboration and co-production between industry, academia and health and care practitioners, leveraging their expertise and joint investment in digital and AI innovation and transformation
- Promote an outward looking perspective to capture and share health care innovation best practice, internally and externally.
- Coordinate the digital innovation adoption team's attendance at internal and external meetings, events, and conferences.
- Attend and deliver presentations at internal and external meetings, events, and conferences. This will, at times, require travel across Wales, the UK and internationally.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a life sciences industry stakeholder map to support all innovation adoption activities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Digital and AI will possess:
- Proven advanced project and programme management skills e.g. PRINCE2 - well organised, strong planner, prioritised and delivers to deadlines/within budget; ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once
- A strong understanding of the health life sciences sectors in Wales, specifically digital and AI (essential)
- A good understanding of innovation adoption barriers (essential)
- Have ecosystem expertise - network of industry, health, social care, and academic contacts to support the development and delivery of health innovation programmes and projects (essential)
- Commercial knowledge of working with industry partners to deliver innovative solutions (desirable)
- Understanding the drivers for industry/commercial organisations engaging with health and social care providers (desirable)
- Working within the international health life sciences sector specialising in digital and/or AI innovation (desirable)
- Previous experience within the NHS or Life Sciences sector (desirable)
What's on Offer
£52,020 - £61,380 basic + additional benefits