Head of Digital
Start ASAP - Remote working initially
Fixed term - up to 12 months
About Our Client
Leadership and Brand Strategy
- Work as part of the Senior Marketing team in the creation of digital strategy and governance and in guarding the brand and reputation in 'digital spaces'.
- Work with the Marketing Communications team to ensure that all toolkits and guidelines are met and executed to an excellent quality.
- Lead academic and administrative departments in ensuring compliance to the brand values and identity.
Digital platform development
- Lead, develop and plan a continuous development and change programme to transform the external presence online, ensuring that the website is 'best in breed', competitively positioned and customer-orientated.
- Plan and ensure the delivery of a programme of strategic and tactical works to evolve the website in the short and long-term, including working with the digital marketing team (content) and the marketing services team on evolving academic department footprints along with ITS on evolving the overall platform.
- Lead in the innovation, planning, development and continuous integration of new community engagement platforms for prospective students and alumni, ensuring that digital solutions are innovative and engaging so that they drive advocacy and financial sustainability (student conversions).
- Ensure that the organisation's digital focus is on delivering customer-orientated, results-driven brand platforms - with clear emphasis on UX, SEM and SEO. Working with the Analytics Officer, Market Research and Insight Manager and the wider digital marketing team, ensure that online activities are appropriately tracked, monitored, measured, evaluated and analysed to ensure that relevant KPIs are met.
Content and Community Strategy
- Ensure that the organisation delivers a suitable, effective, bold, innovative and sector-leading content strategy that meets key strategic objectives - especially Research Dissemination.
- Shape, develop and manage the strategic approach to engaging influencers and stakeholders through digital communities.
Measurement and analysis
Work with the Head of Marketing, Web Officer, Digital Marketing Officer and the Market Research and Insight Manager in monitoring, measuring and analysing all directly managed online activities to ensure relevant KPIs are met.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant digital marketing experience with evidence of success in an increasingly market driven environment.
- Experience of leading and managing staff in a digital marketing environment essential
- Experience of being accountable for large strategic objectives
- Experience of leading and managing a major project/campaign, delivering on time and on budget.
- Experience of CMS, SEM, SEO and UX essential
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with senior staff members within large organisations
- Experience of successfully managing stakeholders at all levels
What's on Offer
Fixed term contract - up to 12 months
Remote working initially