Head of Estates
A high performing culture with unwavering support
An opportunity to to develop your skills dynamic working environment
About Our Client
The client is a West Midlands based public sector organisation who have a high performing culture and a dynamic view for the future. The client has an interesting & varied commercial portfolio consisting of c750 operational and non operational units. The organisation itself is heavily invested in the regeneration of the region with this role being a pivotal element to that.
This role will comprise both transactional estate management and the 1-year strategy planning looking after c750 properties in their portfolio with a rental roll of around £3million. A key responsibility will include future investment to support further business growth.
The main responsibilities the Head of Estates will have include:
- A full range of Estate Management tasks and responsibilities
- Key stakeholder management
- Acquisitions and Disposals -
- Management of Strategic RICS Surveying Team
- Asset Valuations and Valuations Management
- Defining strategies to drive the organisational outcomes forward
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Estates will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A MRICS chartered surveyor
- Experience or at least an understanding and empathy of how a local government operates
- Be a commercially minded property leader, who has the ability to lead a team in such a way as to make the portfolio resilient post Covid-19
- Help train and develop the team professionally
- Be comfortable and proficient in engaging and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable managing significant budgets.
What's on Offer
This role offers the opportunity to progress and develop your skills in a dynamic working environment, with unwavering support from the team and exec team.
The salary on offer is £50k-£55k (experience dependant) which, alongside a generous pension scheme (LGPS), supported flexible / agile working arrangements, generous annual leave entitlement plus Bank holidays creates a very competitive package.
However, the most compelling reason to join this council is the variety of work you will have the opportunity to be involved with. In the current climate few organisations are being as progressive and supportive of regeneration and commercial development of the property portfolio. Needless to say you have an opportunity to make a real difference with this client that will affect the lives of the people that rely on the councils services now more than ever.