- Growing SME with ambitious plans
- Number 1 in Finance role progressing to Finance Director
About Our Client
Our client are a sub £10million turnover SME business in the Manufacturing sector. The business is profitable and has ambitious growth plans over the coming years.
They have a real focus on sustainability and making a positive environmental impact.
- Play an active role in the strategic leadership team
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement and fostering an upbeat atmosphere
- Championing the use of a new (yet to be implemented) IT system and surrounding processes
- Supporting periodic forecasting / budgeting processes.
- Developing and maintaining a weekly cashflow forecasting process
- Critiquing new business opportunities and plans considering all logical impacts upon the business and giving robust feedback to the MDs and other key business drivers
- Take responsibility for a small team (1-2 individuals)
- Ultimate responsibility for management accounts and accurate financial ledgers
- Responsibility for working capital management including currency exposure and confidential invoice financing
- Meeting all reporting deadlines with respect to weekly and monthly reports including supporting commentary / analysis
- Ensuring compliance with the requirements for all business taxes
- Liaising with external accountants and tax advisors to ensure that all statutory reporting and filing deadlines are met
- Liaising with external pensions provider
- Developing direct reports, establishing and documenting goals and objectives and periodically appraising performance
- Involvement with JV company
- Identify efficiencies and process improvements
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The Successful Applicant
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- Hands on Financial Controller experience within an SME environment
- Used to processing payroll, pension contributions, VAT returns, contacting and dealing with HMRC
- Proficient at cashflow forecasting and management accounts preparation
- Experience of Sage 200 manufacturing would be helpful
- Well-developed MS Excel skills
- Good business experience outside of Finance within companies
- A self-starter who will proactively look to improve processes and build resilience in a small team
- A hands-on attitude - willing to get stuck in where the business needs
- Strong leadership skills - ability to make decisions when the MD is not around
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently
- Energy and enthusiasm, builds rapport with internal colleagues and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail, able to keep many plates spinning while dropping none
- Interested in positive environmental change
What's on Offer
On offer is the opportunity to work in a true Number 1 in Finance position, with tangible progression to FD level.
You will work with a small and passionate team of people who care about doing the right thing.
The role is based in Bradford but with flexibility around working from home.