Head of Finance - Stonewall
Stonewall. Acceptance without exception.
Lead finance for the organisation
About Our Client
Stonewall is a charity, formed in the UK in 1989. We are renowned for our campaigning for LGBTQ+ rights and working with a huge range of institutions across society to bring about freedom, equity and unlock potential for all LGBTQ+ people
We have seen major successes from this campaigning, from securing legislation which allowed samesex couples to marry, to the repeal of Section 28. Today, we continue to speak out when others can't and to use our influence to support change for LGBTQ+ people across society.
At Stonewall, we have a fantastic team of people who value each other and want to make a difference. Together, we are committed to making life better for LGBTQ+ people.
The Head of Finance will lead a team to deliver high class financial reporting, controls and decision-making information across the charity. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels, from all teams across our charity.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to support effective business planning and provide input from a financial standpoint.
- Lead and motivate your team, working closely with them to ensure they are supported and developed.
- Lead the preparation of Stonewall's management accounts, budgets, forecasts, cashflows, KPIs and other financial planning and analysis tools as required.
- Ensure statutory accounting and other financial compliance requirements are met and ensure that all financial risks are recognised and mitigated.
- Work closely with external stakeholders, such as the external auditors
- Oversee the calculation and processing of payroll and staff expenses.
- Be involved and engaged in the development and delivery of cross-organisational projects, taking the role of project lead/manager as required. Encourage and enable your team to actively participate in cross-organisational projects and activities to ensure that they are successfully delivered.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong technical finance understanding that can be evidenced through experience. You will have an ability to build and develop relationships across an organisation, in particular with key stakeholders to inform decision making and help them understand their own budgeting process.
At Stonewall we want you to feel involved in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us. Everyone is accepted for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.
In line with Stonewall's commitments to race equity and trans inclusion, we are particularly seeking applications from people of colour and/or trans people. Stonewall has a number of staff network groups which provide peer support and safe spaces for staff who hold these and other identities
What's on Offer
- Salary up to £60,000
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30
- Up to 9% employer pension contribution
All applications will be reviewed by Joe Harris at Michael Page, 07725036373