Head of Finance
Head of Finance for a high growth organisation
A newly created role with the opportunity to shape the finance function
About Our Client
The Careers & Enterprise Company was created in 2015 to help young people to build a rewarding career. Funded by the Department for Education, their team consists of experts across education, business, the private sector, academia and the government.
Already working with over 2000 schools across the UK and 2000 volunteers from businesses across the UK, The Careers & Enterprise Company are on course to provide 500,000 young people with opportunities to interact with potential future employers.
The government's new Careers Strategy, launched in December 2017, puts The Careers & Enterprise Company at the heart of driving forward careers provision for young people, giving them a core role in the implementation of the strategy.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Finance include:
- Implement and deliver the Company's long-term funding strategy and be accountable for the management of the Company's day to day funding needs
- Support the CFO and work in partnership with the Senior Leadership team to generate financial plans, budgets and forecasts and identifying key financial risks and key performance measures
- Develop a Budget Management Framework to support performance management in the business
- Take responsibility for the Company's internal control environment, compliance and ensure rigor in all financial transactions
- Develop and ensure compliance to the Company's financial policies and processes and we lead with a model of best practice in the sector
- Oversee all Company financial reports, including to the Board and to funding sponsors and preparation of the annual accounts
- Manage the Company's regulatory requirements and obligations as a Community Interest Company including external audit
- Develop, deliver and lead the Company's approach to risk management
- To act as a key business partner and provide value add decision support and insight
- Undertake analysis of new initiatives/projects to ensure appropriate return on investment and realistic goals
- Undertake ad hoc projects and activities to support the company's overall aim of preparing young people for the world of work.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate, will be fully qualified, preferably ACA or CA qualified and will be based in London full time
In addition to the the Head of Finance will also be expected to have the following competencies:
- Strong communication skills - good at building relationship and confident work with colleagues across all areas of the organisation
- Analytical, creative and strategic; a strong problem solver and commercial thinker.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management.
- Results/action-oriented, project management skills and ability to deliver at pace
- Ability to influence and persuade at high level both internally and externally, driving impact and implementing change
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with complex policy issues and disseminate them in an accessible and persuasive way
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Resilient and flexible, comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
What's on Offer
As the Head of Finance, you will have the opportunity to be part of an inspirational organisation, that has been created to help change the lives of future generations.
The Head of Finance will be joining an energetic and passionate team, with the chance to help shape the finance function to ensure they are able to continue to grow with the organisation.