Head of Finance
Exciting role for a well known charity
Helping to support and shape organisation strategy
About Our Client
My client is a well known charity located in the West Midlands with multiple sites across the UK.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and the financial content for the respective parts of the business plan with the CFO.
- Support the Directors to manage their departments in a way that maximises income and minimises costs for a given set of outcomes, whilst maximising opportunities for efficiencies.
- Lead business partner to Executive Director Marketing and Fundraising, providing expert financial advice supporting the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Work closely with wider Finance department on internal financial performance bench marking, being responsible for co-ordinating detailed action plans to improve individual service, department or team performance.
- Review Marketing & Fundraising business cases (with an overview of business cases for other departments supported by the team) prior to presentation to the management board to ensure the financial case is robust and well-articulated.
- Ensure financial risk management is embedded in the day to day activity of the respective departments and that the finance support team is ensuring risk management policies are effective.
- Line management of the Finance Business Partners team.
- Support the Head of Financial Services in ensuring the financial statements of the charity are produced in a timely manner and provide a true and fair representation of the charity's activities.
- Ensure the charity remains consistent with its financial policies and procedures and the appropriate financial laws and regulations
- Support the CFO in preparing the annual report and accounts
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with demonstrable post-qualification experience
- Prior experience of operating and advising at board level
- Experience of supporting a Finance & Audit Committee
- Experience of line management of qualified accountants
- Substantial management accounting experience
- Experience of co-ordinating and implementing financial strategy
- Strong numerical analysis
- Knowledge of UK GAAP for charities
- Experience of creating Business cases
- Advanced Excel
- Strong internal customer focus
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
What's on Offer
Up to £60,000 plus a competitive benefits package