- Permanent Head of Finance Opportunity in Bradford
- Offering up to £55,000
About Our Client
Bradford College have a mission to create a better future for all through education and training. They are one of the biggest education and training providers in the region, with around 20,000 students studying their A Levels, vocational qualifications, community courses, apprenticeships, degrees and masters with them.
Bradford College have a vision of creating a better future for all through education and training, with a mission of working together to transform lives. They are one of the biggest education and training providers in the region, with around 20,000 students studying a variety of courses such as A Levels, degrees, masters, vocational qualifications, community courses and apprenticeships.
This is underpinned by a strong values culture of being respectful, inclusive, trusting, inspirational and aspirational.
To deliver the mission the College works to five strategic priorities;
·To deliver a curriculum that meets the needs of students, employers and our community
·To deliver an outstanding student experience
·To be an employer of choice
·To maintain a sustainable college
·To grow the college's reputation and influence
- Support the design and leads on the implementation of the Finance strategy across the College
- Be responsible for co-ordination and consolidation of budgeting and the 3-year financial plan, as part of the business planning process
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective internal control framework including financial regulations, payroll, policies and procedures
- Implement tight governance and control and continuously improves all financial and payroll processes
- Lead on the design and implementation of the Procurement strategy across the College
- Lead procurement activity and ensures statutory and financial obligations are met and efficiencies achieved in line with the Value for Money (VfM) strategy, public sector and OJEU guidelines
- Lead all financial transaction processing in relation to College assets and liabilities including ledgers, cash receipts and payments, bank accounts, debt recovery, credit control and payroll
- Ensure all income and expenditure (capital & revenue) is properly controlled and reported
- Define the Finance departmental budget and meets and exceeds all targets
- Implement a centralised procurement and purchasing service designed to maximise the value of strategic sourcing and deliver added value
- Be responsible for fixed asset management, project support and business process re-engineering
- Lead tendering and contract negotiations to ensure the effective supervision and monitoring of 3rd party suppliers
- Provide financial information to underpin decision making across the College, and provides required statutory returns to stakeholders (ESFA, Bank, HMRC etc.)
- Produce monthly management accounts and quarterly financial forecasts
- Produce the financial element of the quarterly performance review process and business planning process
- Produce annual financial statements in line with statutory funding body and regulatory requirements
- Monitor key performance indicators to ensure delivery of all Financial and Procurement targets and departmental objectives
- Be responsible for the deployment, performance management and development of staff in the Finance department
- Support Heads of Departments to understand and manage their departmental budgets effectively
- Identify and deliver the provision of staff training and professional development ensures the health, safety and well-being of all employees in the department.
The Successful Applicant
Bradford College is looking for a Head of Finance that will add value through living and breathing the values, working collegiately to support the transformation of lives. You will be expected to have an eye for detail and be proactive in addressing the challenges the sector faces, through horizon scanning and constant self-driven cpd. This is a broad role and will provide a variety of challenges on a day to day basis.
You will be responsible for setting and achieving targets in relation to systems, responsible for the development and growth of all technical areas of the college and the compliance with financial reporting regulations.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - £55,000 per annum
You will be joining a dynamic and forward-thinking College that works in partnership to ensure outstanding achievement of all children. As an employee of the College, you will be supported to grow and develop; we are committed to your own professional development. Your contribution will be recognised and valued but your time will be respected and supported; your well-being is of the utmost importance to them. You will have access to materials which support the development of personal health and well-being.
You will be offered a great holiday entitlement, an exceptional pension scheme coupled with money saving options from local organisations.