- A great working environment and great benefits
- An opportunity for a qualified accountant to develop a newly created role
About Our Client
This is a well established not for profit centralising a shared service centre in W. Yorkshire, but will be open to a blended home and office based working pattern with likely 60% based working from home.
A great working culture and committed to fostering career and personal development of the staff they are a disability confident employer with a commitment to recruiting and supporting a diverse workforce.
A great opportunity for an experienced technical / group accountancy manager to join a not for profit organisation based in W.Yorkshire into a newly created role of Head of Finance - Group Accounting. Key areas of delivery will include:
All Accounting, Taxation, and Statutory reporting across the Group in the UK and its international regions.
Providing a strong technical lead in Financial Reporting and have a great understanding of accounting for large Charities.
- Effective management and support of people, processes and procedures to achieve a smooth period end and year end close, active tax planning and compliance, and a smooth external Audit.
Responsibility for all indirect taxation matters, including transfer pricing implications for intercompany transactions.
Driving efficiency and identifying opportunities for simplification in structures and processes
Delivery of accurate and timely reporting, which is compliant with all relevant Legislation, Accounting Standards and Group policy.
Providing the leadership team with confidence that the Group's financial position is well controlled, and accurately reported.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally candidates will be fully accountancy qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA ) or equivalent with experience in senior financial, management and tax accounting roles additionally they following key skills and experience are required:
- In depth knowledge of UK and overseas GAAP, and multi entity, multi-currency consolidations
- Experience of large ERP systems, and mainstream consolidation packages
- Comfortable with manipulating data in excel for detailed modelling and analysis
- In depth knowledge of current UK tax rules for both direct and indirect taxes, and compliance requirements
- Comfortable working in an environment of ongoing change and process improvement.
- The role is currently being worked on a remote basis, but when the situation changes for staff to return to the office thee successful candidate will be working and managing a team in W. Yorkshire and so will need to be able to commute to the area for c40 - 60% of the working week
What's on Offer
c£63,000 depending on relevant experience plus a great holiday entitlement
Staff discounts and loan schemes such as cycle to work
The role is currently being worked on a remote basis, but when the situation changes for staff to return to the office thee successful candidate will be working and managing a team in W. Yorkshire and so will need to be able to commute to the area for c40 - 60% of the working week