- Number one in Finance
- Broad all-round role in growing business
About Our Client
Ravensburger continues to be one of the fastest growing toys and games companies, they are one of the Top 10 toy companies in the UK and the 6th largest toy company in Europe. With evergreen brands and products in their stable they unite all generations through the power of play with their range of puzzles, board games, arts and crafts, construction, and BRIO. They have experienced significant growth in the last two years and plan to increase T/O significantly and as a part of the Senior Management Team you will be pivotal to them achieving their 5-year plan.
This is a broad all-round Head of Finance role with both the commercial and technical elements you would expect in a number one finance position.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Perform regular financial analysis and production of KPI metrics.
- Develop budgets that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Establish targets, manage and mentor all accounting and finance employees, including setting three-month objectives
- Supervise all audit, third party communication and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company's financial performance.
- Recognise patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
- Responsibility for company compliance filings.
- Develop process and rigorous financial control procedures.
- Act as a business partner to establish departmental performance vs budget.
- Managing/mentoring a small team.
The Successful Applicant
As Head of Finance you will need to be a self-starter with a positive can-do attitude, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and balance your workload. You will be diligent, able to work with large data sets and be a good problem solver. You will be comfortable working autonomously, leading the team and key member of the Senior Management Team.
Essential for the role:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Experience in a similar role
- Both excellent technical accounting and commercial experience.
- Understanding of internal controls requirements
- Communicate effectively, concisely and accurately in emails and in person
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Good time management and multi-tasking
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to take ownership and lead a team
What's on Offer
This an excellent opportunity to lead the finance function and be part of the senior management team in a family friendly business. They are offering a competitive salary, bonus and benefits including hybrid working and a lunchtime finish on Fridays.