- Head of Finance, contribute to the achievement of the Charity's objectives
- Hybrid working, established and forward thinking charity
About Our Client
Warrington community Living work across the borough and currently support around 500 people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, older people, people with dementia and people experiencing mental health issues. They provide residential homes and supported living schemes, as well as other forms of support for individuals in the community. Warrington Community Living who encapsulate their ethos of "Change lives for a living" is a continued reality.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Head of Finance is to take the professional lead with regards to the financial affairs of the organisation and to contribute to its strategic leadership.
The Head of Finance will be reporting to the Chief Executive and is responsible for Finance function in its entirety, supporting and ensuring the achievement of the organisation's strategic and financial objectives, ensuring that the function can help facilitate further growth and development of the organisation.
Duties will be
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Financial Budget of WCL
- Devise Business Plans for the optimisation of Financial Performance of WCL Services
- Report and present the Financial Reports- I&E, Balance sheet.
- Take overall responsibility along with CEO for WCL's Financial Results
- Provide Financial and Performance information and commentaries
- Ensure reporting deadlines are adhered to.
- Facilitate Financial /Commercial challenge of the Service Management team,
- Lead on Financial Training of the Service Managers and CMT
- Production of Statutory Accounts
- Undertake detailed cost comparisons and bench marking activities in order to assist in ensuring services deliver a balance of economy, effectiveness and efficiency value for money plus surplus generating services
- Provide financial models/viability appraisals for new service contracts and future opportunities
- Build positive strategic relationships through applying a proactive approach to understanding contract commissioner needs.
- Ensure all contractual obligations are met to avoid financial penalties and disputes and directly manage any contractual disputes that occur.
The Successful Applicant
- A recognised senior accountancy qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- A background in the Not for Profit sector desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of accounting practice as it relates to charities desirable but not essential.
- The ability and desire to be involved in the day to day running of the finance function coupled with providing the oversight and strategic elements this role will require.
- Strong Business Partnering skills and the ability to work closely with the Board.
It is essential applicants have a proven track record in a Head of Finance capacity, with the ability to oversee, strategically guide alongside taking a hands-on approach.
What's on Offer
Head of Finance
£45,000- £50,000 per annum
You will be joining a forward-thinking charity who have some exciting growth plans and who have already doubled in size in recent years. Warrington Community Living stand by their ethos of 'Change Lives for A Living' and this is certainly what this opportunity will do. This is a rare opportunity to join at an exciting but pivotal point in this charity's journey. Warrington Community Living are a values-based organisation who put the people they support first and subsequently make a real, long lasting difference.
- 28 days annual leave per year, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme 3%
- They are committed to ensuring equality across the Charity, and that all staff are treated fairly, in line with Charity policies and procedures
- Hybrid working- 1 day in the office per week