- Varied and exciting Head of Finance opportunity
- Join a diverse and growing charity
About Our Client
Football Beyond Borders exists to support young people who are disengaged at school and passionate about football, in order to help them finish school with the skills and grades to make a successful transition into adulthood. We do this by providing long-term, intensive support, built around relationships and young people's passions, in the classroom and beyond. We are an asset-based organisation with a view that all our interventions must build from a young person's strengths and passions.
See our success SO FAR…
98% of our students finish school!
78% of our students get grades!
60% of our students improved their social-emotional learning skills!
We have consciously built a diverse workforce at FBB that serves to reflect the students that we work with. We believe this is essential for us to achieve our mission and stay aligned to our core values, while we continue to grow.
At FBB we foster and promote an inclusive and diverse work culture. We think it is essential to reflect the diversity of the students that we work with in our own team, and this is something we actively keep in mind while recruiting. We strongly encourage all applicants to apply for this role and we have taken steps to ensure all applicants are judged based on merit and without unconscious bias.
- Strategic analysis of our expenditure to highlight areas to be more efficient and innovative in our restricted and unrestricted finances.
- Creative and strategic input into our income generation and financial opportunities with the ability to recognise areas of potential growth.
- Development of our 3-year business plan
- Selection, implementation and management of appropriate software systems
- Development of departmental budgets and forecasts. Identify variances and any forthcoming financial challenges
- Preparation of the statutory annual accounts, supporting schedules for the auditors and ensuring annual returns are done on time
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly management accounts
- Oversight of finances for FBB's creative agency, Youth Beyond Borders
The Successful Applicant
Football Beyond Borders is looking for:
- A qualified accountant
- Demonstrable commitment to our core values:
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- An engaged and enthusiastic candidate
What's on Offer
- Salary £55,000-£60,000 per annum
- 26 days annual leave plus 6 additional days for office closure over Christmas
- Employee centric culture. We place as much emphasis on training and support of our staff as we do our students!
- Flexible working pattern. We would want the Head of Finance to come into the office 2 days a week. You can work from our London head office, or in our Manchester or Birmingham offices.
- Annual summer trip for all FBB employees