- Opportunity to join the leadership team of a dynamic, up-and-coming business
- Ideal role for an SME Finance Leader to build on their diverse skillset
About Our Client
Michael Page are working with an excellent logistics SME who have enjoyed fantastic growth throughout the pandemic, and are now looking for a new financial leader. You will be partnering to deliver quality information, shared understanding and a positive experience to both internal & external stakeholders & customers.
Maximise the potential of your team, the wider business and yourself through taking a proactive approach when investing your time, overseeing budgets, development of other team members, and implementation of new controls.
You will review existing processes to drive continuous improvement. Gain an understanding of the company's goals, and identify how you & your team can maximise the impact you have on the wider business.
- Establish yourself as a key member of the leadership team with a commercial conscience, eye for detail and desire to continually improve.
- Build a knowledge of the customer & supplier journey & ensure the accounts department contributes to it positively.
- Lead the preparation of the group's audit & develop processes suitable to scale.
- Produce effective company reporting packs that focus on actionable key drivers & drive change.
- Ensure all staff are trained, motivated & continue to develop to their full potential, be involved in training apprentices & graduates building on their existing financial & accounting acumen.
- Utilise systems & automation where possible, allowing the focus of your & the teams time to be on adding value.
- Ensure the group's buying power is leveraged & engage in tenders for new supplier contracts where required.
- Oversee the group's adherence to financial regulations.
- Lead the annual budgeting process.
- Assist with funding requirements and manage the group's cash requirements.
- Build relationships with external stakeholders.
- Conduct on-going risk management and advise the board accordingly.
- Maintain the integrity of the companies financial systems.
- Oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax, treasury, payroll, financial and management accounting duties.
- Accounting Qualification: CIMA/ ACA/ ACCA Preferable
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) ideally with experience operating in an SME, ideally within the Logistics sector (or similar).
You will need to be a versatile accountant with a broad financial skillset. You will produce Year-End and Management Accounts.
Excellent communication skills are a must, and you should be able to effectively partner with a wide range of senior financial and non-financial stakeholders.
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Benefits