Head of Finance
Organisation with exciting growth plans
Pivotal role to support the success of the organisation
About Our Client
My client is a UK success story focused around innovative solutions within the manufacturing sector
- Management of the accounting team
- Liaison with project accounting and management reporting teams to ensure that periodic transactions are correct and updated in addition to developing the system processes and to ensure increased financial control and operational efficiency.
- Ensuring record keeping and reporting is compliant with all FRS102 financial accounting requirements and preparation of statutory statements, financial reporting and other external reports as required.
- Managing the month-end timetable to ensure efficient and timely processing, reporting of month-end results and liaising with external auditors with ownership of the interim and year-end audit process/plan of work.
- Management and support for the shared services financial accounting team and maintaining the development plans for the team.
- Responsible for working capital and treasury management including FX exposures, daily banking management, cash flow forecasting for the group, bank deposits, intercompany reconciliations, corporation tax planning within subsidiaries, ownership of the R&D tax credit process and balance sheet reporting and ownership of the balance sheet.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a proven Finance Leader with high level of personal standards and the adeptness to work hands on when required, and the aptitude to operate with C suite level colleagues. The role successful person will possess the following attributes:
- A qualified accountant with a minimum of ten years post-qualification experience (ACA or ACCA).
- Excellent leadership skills, self-motivated, able to work independently and with teams and be deadline orientated.
- Experienced in statutory accounts preparation, consolidations, tax planning and VAT reporting, treasury management and forecasting and consolidations.
- Self-starter with hands-on accounting skills and experience in all aspects of financial reporting and control, along with grounded management and coaching skills and a good understanding of accounting and reporting best practice.
- Experience in leading process change
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for all entities and be highly experienced in tax compliance, in conjunction with external advisors.
What's on Offer
£75,000 - £90,000 plus an excellent benefits package including; 33 days holiday, flexible working, Smart Holiday system, Life Assurance