- Highly commercial role
- 9 day fortnight
About Our Client
Our client is a leading SME offering hybrid working and a 9 day working fortnight.
The Head of Finance will be tasked with providing financial, commercial and contractual advice and guidance to members of the Business Operations team, Programme Managers, Capture Teams, and the Leadership Team.
Responsible for pricing and costing policy and controls, ensuring related management processes are defined and the Business is complying with the processes and procedures. This will include ensuring Quality Control process and audit periodicity are followed by the staff.
Manages a Finance & Business Operations team, with responsibility for:
- Recruitment, training & development, performance management and all aspects of people management;
- Ability to manage in a demanding environment, with close, integrated working with the customer;
- Pricing of proposals for new and follow on business for the business unit;
- Includes management of and advocacy for the supplier data analysis and cost modelling performed by cost engineering;
- Analysis and agreement of the forward pricing rates with auditors, including:
- Management of the workload forecasting and overhead budgeting processes
- Analysis and agreement of QDC / non QDC rates with auditors
- Management associated business unit reports in compliance with requirements
- Leadership of the planning and reporting for New Business Capture funding streams.
- Contract and subcontract management, procurement and back office support to the business
The Successful Applicant
This role would best suit a head of or deputy head of finance/commercial from a Small/Medium sized Business where due to the size of the company they are required to be fairly hands and have involvement in many areas that involve financial skills such as Finance, Commercial, Supply chain/subcontracting of services, purchasing, business development/bid pricing etc.
- Financial reporting systems and Statutory Reporting
- Contract management within the Defence Industry
- Customer Engagement
- Pre and post-sale activity introducing and managing new contracts within a business
- Effective communicator and confident presenter
- Professional Accounting and/or Commercial qualification
- People management and team leadership
- Advanced MS Office Tools capability, with an emphasis on Excel and Power-point.
- Financial Control and Reporting
- Contract & Sub-Contract management experience.
- Experience of operation within a business growth environment
What's on Offer
My client is offering a package including;
- £70,000 - £80,000
- Max employer contribution 8&, minimum employee 2%
- Hybrid working
- 9 day working fortnight
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave + 8 statutory
- Wellbeing fund
- Variety of other free wellbeing programmes