Head of Financial Accounts
Addaction are a fast growing drug, alcohol and mental health charity
Key finance role, reporting into the Finance Director
About Our Client
Addaction is a drug, alcohol and mental health charity focused on support for exceptionally vulnerable individuals within England and Scotland. Founded in 1967, they have grown from £27m to £66m income over the last 10 years, winning a number of new contracts through a competitive tendering process. The charity delivers fantastic services for young people and adults in community settings, prisons, and through residential rehab and outreach.
Addaction is now looking to progress how finance operates across the charity in support of this growth; driving long lasting improvement to financial control, reporting and processes. This Head of Financial Accounts role will report into the Finance Director and play a key part in this process, working collaboratively with the finance team and the rest of the organisation to drive improvement.
- Oversight of overall day to day financial accounting for the charity.
- Driving improvement to financial controls, processes and systems within finance and then rolling these out across the organisation.
- Working closely with non-finance to train and answer queries in relation to reporting, financial controls and systems.
- Lead, manage and motivate the financial accounting team of 5.
- Production of year-end financial statements and lead on the annual audit process in co-ordination with the wider finance team.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) that has experience of managing a team and working directly with key finance and non-finance stakeholders at all levels. This role will require you to deliver high quality financial reporting to tight deadlines and you will need to provide evidence of this during the interview process. In addition, previous experience of developing financial controls, systems and processes to an outstanding level, within a charity environment, would be highly beneficial.
What's on Offer
- Salary - £60,000 to £65,000
- 30 days annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements