Head of Financial Reporting
An opportunity to work for an expanding, innovative Housing Association
Make a major contribution to success of this organisation
About Our Client
Head of Financial Reporting - An innovative and exciting Housing association in Derby looking for a commercially minded technical Whizz to lead their reporting team. This organisation has seen rapid growth in the last 3 years and is set to continue in this growth.
- Responsible for the integrity and assurance of the financial ledgers. Lead a best in class closing process.
- Leading the planning and execution of financial reporting processes, including monthly reporting, formal forecasts and medium-term plans.
- Lead the consolidation of results across the organisation.
- Accountable for submission of financial information into relevant shareholder systems and preparing financial information used by finance business partners with external investors
- Accountable for determining overall finance data and systems needs and implementation of the strategy. Identifying and implementing improvements in the core financial processes either through continuous development or by investments in appropriate systems and tools to meet changing customer needs.
- Responsible for relationship with Central Finance to determine - ensuring delivery of existing activities to the required time and quality and an ongoing plan of tasks which can be transferred to the central finance team
- Understand and anticipate the impact of new accounting standards and ensuring accounting policies are successfully implemented and operating effectively across the organisation.
- Leading and planning the smooth and timely preparation and audit of statutory accounts for and interfacing with the external auditors
- Liaising with the Senior Tax Manager to ensure tax compliance
- Timely production and provision of management information by liaising with the Business Partnering teams. Design and deliver additional regular financial reports and packs as required and ensure they remain relevant as the business grows..
- Managing the provision of internal governance, risk and control requirements to quality and time and identification and delivery of improvements in this process
- Liaising with external stakeholders and board members.
The Successful Applicant
Head of Financial Reporting
- have an ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountancy qualification.
- Have the ability to manage a varied and complex workload, ensuring delivery against strict deadlines.
- Be adept at working with and managing large amounts of complex information.
- Be a strong communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have great influencing and relationship building skills.
- Be highly ICT literate with the ability to quickly adapt to different ICT systems.
- Have a commitment to ongoing professional development.
What's on Offer
- £50,000- £65,000 base salary.
- Other benefits to be discussed at screening stage.