Head of Financial Risk and Compliance
The chance to have significant impact on how our country is run.
High exposure, competitive salary, skilled and meaningful work.
About Our Client
Our client is a central-part of the government, playing a crucial role in ensuring the effective running of our country. This is through advising the Prime Minster, working with other areas of government and taking a lead on some critical policy areas. They are central and highly significant.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Maintain the Strategic Risk Register and co-ordinates departmental and manage the associated external audit.
- Provide Secretariat support for the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Establish a framework of prudent and effective controls, in order for risks to be assessed.
- Provide training and support for junior members of the team.
- Lead on developing the Audit and Risk Committee annual work programme.
- Manage and monitor the financial approvals process.
- Lead and manage the implementation of anti-fraud and corruption standards.
The Successful Applicant
- You must be fully-qualified with a professional accountancy qualification.
- You must have a minimum of three years post-qualification experience (or equivalent) within Internal Audit or Risk.
- You must have proven leadership capabilities, as demonstrated through your previous work in Internal Audit or Risk.
- You must have strong technical credibility with the proven ability to work with financial and non-financial colleagues to deliver high quality results.
- You must have excellent analytical skills with the ability to provide insights for senior-level audiences.
- You must have the ability to develop productive relationships and effective networks with senior stakeholders across government organisations.
- You must have well-developed general business and commercial skills that enable you to play a central role in successful project or operational delivery.
- You must have experience in one or more areas where you have developed strategy, leadership and commercial skills.
What's on Offer
In this role, you will have the chance to perform highly significant work that will have a direct impact in how our country is run. You will gain high-levels of exposure, as well as invaluable experience and have the privilege of working for an organisation that is pivotal to the UK.