- My client are PE backed and at a critical stage of growth
- The Head of FP&A will provide key support to the CFO and wider business
About Our Client
My client is in the technology and innovation sector, underpinned by a manufacturing operation. They are recognised as being at the cutting-edge of technology and currently employ circa 850 people globally. With a current turnover in the region of £100m, they have very clear strategic plans to double in size and subsequent likelihood of an IPO.
Working within a global function and business reporting structure, the Head of FP&A will lead a team of 5 experienced individuals across 3 countries. Key responsibilities will include:
Lead Monthly/annual P&L processes, including:
- Forecasting (monthly / mid-year re-forecasts)
- Monthly close around accruals, stock, etc and detailed variance analysis
- Strategic plan updates (in conjunction with Head of Commercial Finance)
- Support and guide Controllers in acting as Business partner to Sales, Operations and Clinical functions/business units providing analysis around month end reporting and insight to support delivery of KPI's such as Sales Velocity, Sales pipeline/conversion, OTIF, efficiency, cost of quality, clinical utilization, etc
- Working with the CFO to identify further profit improvement initiatives
- Support the CFO in delivering a robust monthly Board pack and management accounts on a timely basis & as required support work to prepare company reporting for use in a possible sale process. Will likely involve direct interaction with PE investors
- Participate fully as a senior member of the Finance team and ensure that Finance is actively involved in running the business, providing relevant and accurate information/advice wherever required as well as deliver the Finance Road Map to improving the overall Finance team capabilities
- Be the main senior Finance team responsible for our new accounting system used for preparation of Group Management Accounts
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and will have operated in a fast-paced environment that is undergoing significant change. As the business grows under current PE owners, it is likely that the Head of FP&A will provide critical support with the exit strategy and, most likely, an IPO, so some exposure in this area would also be favourable. The individual will have a demonstrable track record of leading a qualified team and drive the culture of ownership and accountability.
The candidate must be available for a mid-August start at the latest, so immediately available or short notice periods will be essential.
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits equivalent to a permanent employee.