Head of FX
This role will act as FX trading head and lead the team by FX trading expertise
This is an exciting new role in an established bank
About Our Client
My client is an established global bank. This role is based in the City of London.
The Head of FX will:
- Responsible for developing FX business by providing trading expertise and delivering strategies and plans for from trading angle
- Manage the FX trading team and achieve targets set by the bank, including individual profit target
- Demonstrate skilful and profitable trading activities by products to each forex trader.
- Closely monitor all the relevant market risks of the fx trading desk all the time to control them within the limits set by the bank
- Promote collaboration between sales and trading and help customer business in collaboration with other treasury centres and EMEA offices and branches.
- Provide expertise and knowledge to accelerate introducing new products new currencies
- Maintain and build good relationship with interbank counterparts and market participants
- Provide competitive and consistent liquidities
- Responsible for clarification of traders' responsibilities and for traders' performance and conduct appraisal process
- Report appropriately to senior management and resolve issues by liaising with responsible department where necessary.
- Manage conduct risks and regulatory requirements in trading team appropriately
- Introduce and amend policies and procedures where necessary.
- Minimize operational errors
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Broad and thorough working knowledge of all FX products (Spot, Forward, NDF, Option, eFX)
- Market making with proven trading skills
- Well developed up to date knowledge of eFX as a key area of FX business
- Well developed up to date knowledge of Treasury business and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of Treasury products
- Broad knowledge of instruments and trading strategies in FX
- Skill to manage team and risk
- Understand of the Bank's policies and guidelines.
- Proven market analysing skills
- Networking skills demonstrated by ample market contacts
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role based in the City of London.