Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance
Flexible Working / On-site Gym / Free Parking
Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
About Our Client
Northwards Housing is a not-for-profit ALMO (Arm's-Length Management Organisation) social landlord that manages nearly 13,000 council homes across north Manchester.
Our Vision is that "We will make a difference in north Manchester by helping to make it a place where people choose to live, learn and work. Affordable energy-efficient homes and strong community pride will make our neighbourhoods thrive".
These are our Values that sit at the heart of every action we take and every decision we make.
- Putting people first
- Supporting communities to be successful
- Spending money wisely
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Services, you will lead and advise Northwards Board and Executive Leadership Team on organisational compliance, manage corporate governance and oversee risk assurance framework.
Working closely with the senior management team you will help shape, frame and create the governance, risk and compliance strategy to ensure that the organisation meets all statutory and regulatory obligations.
In this key role of Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance you will have key responsibility to:
- Oversee the governance arrangements of the company, ensuring the Board is fully compliant with all statutory requirements and responsibilities as set out in the Management Agreement with Manchester City Council and the National Housing Federation's Code of Conduct.
- Develop, maintain and report on Northwards' risk assurance framework, manage the Company's risk register and implement associated strategies.
- Management of internal audit contract with responsibility to formulate, agree and deliver the Annual Audit Plan and report to Audit Sub-Committee.
- Provide leadership in Risk Management, ensuring that Northwards has a comprehensive, tested and up to date Business Continuity Plan.
- Manage our Equality and Diversity, Health & Safety and Data Controller contracts, ensuring external partners deliver all requirements to a satisfactory standard and, if not, that alternative, appropriate arrangements are in place.
- Take a lead role in the management of the contracts register to ensure that best practice contract management disciplines are sustained across all high value/high risk contracts.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be driven and tenacious, a confident professional who can coach, mentor and motivate others to deliver a 'best in class' service. You will have experience of risk management and an understanding of the wider risk, governance and compliance agenda at a local and national level. Working with 3rd party consultants you will have experience of managing external relationships to deliver internal results.
You will come to us with excellent credentials, technical knowledge and experience. We want an individual that can demonstrate a passion for driving standards and values that reflect those of the business. With an open approach to your role, you must be able to build effective and honest relationships and you'll communicate in a way that inspires and motivates those around you.
This senior management opportunity demands a proven track record of delivery, an ability to deliver at pace, and a grounded appreciation of the importance of bringing others with you.
A challenging remit, we are looking for a talented, experienced professional who can meet the challenges head-on, inspire and lead others in the delivery and development of a robust governance, risk and compliance proposition.
What's on Offer
This successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary with a fantastic benefits scheme. This is a great opportunity for an individual to play a major role in delivering our governance, risk and compliance strategy for a leading North West housing provider.
- Pension: final salary scheme approx. 17.6% employer contribution
- 35-hour week: flexible working hours (Mon-Fri)
- 27 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
- Birthday Leave: have your special day off on us!
- Green Car Scheme: lease an environmentally-friendly car
- Cycle to Work Scheme: get a tax-free bike and cut down on carbon by cycling to work
- Public Transport Season Ticket Loans: interest free loans spread over 12 months
- Reward Gateway - Perkz: high street, leisure and travel discounts and offers
- Health & Wellbeing benefits including affordable gym membership, free flu jabs, occupational health assessments and discounted health care
- N.I.C.E. (Northwards Improving the Community & Environment) Days: a paid day to volunteer in the community
- Investors in People GOLD Award
To have a confidential discussion with our recruitment partner's lead consultant Molly Griffin from Michael Page please contact her on 0161 829 0445.
Please refer to Job Description / Person Specification for more detail about the role upon request.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th April 2019.