Head of Health-care Data Management
Manage a data warehouse landscape and deploy Business Intelligence tools.
Lead a team of data warehouse professionals by influencing change.
About Our Client
My client is a London based public sector and government health-care organisation.
My client - a London based public sector and government health-care organisation is looking for a Head of Health-care Data Management to engage in the following:
- To lead the data architecture group for the Trust spanning all data / analytical solutions.
- To support the management of the Trust-wide information strategy which includes the long term information aspirations of the Trust and a plan of action for achieving these.
- To review existing tooling and be responsible for technical decisions around tools and infrastructure used in the Trust data landscape.
- To be the technical lead on the Trust-wide data warehouse landscape. This includes ensuring the core data warehouses are maintained and developed in such a way that they provide robust and reliable information from all relevant Trust information needs.
- To manage the Business Intelligence landscape and tools including deployment of analytical tools and provisioning of data into those tools.
- Managing the development of data engineering methods and implementation of relevant tools to deliver leading analytics.
- Liaising with other functions across the Trust, including ICT on infrastructure, to ensure a coordinated approach on data integration and support standardisation.
- Managing structured upgrades and testing programmes to support development of both operational applications (e.g. the EPR system) and data warehouse developments.
- Work collaboratively with other functions across the Trust, including ICT, DRIVE, HR and Finance managing a landscape that supports all uses and specifically addresses the relationship between activity and income.
- To provide support, training and guidance to information team members regarding the structure and currency of information within the data warehouse & BI landscape. This is to ensure consistency when generating reports, undertaking analysis or developing information solutions
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Head of Health-care Data Management at my public sector and government client's site in London, the candidate must present evidence of the following:
- Have a robust understanding of the wider NHS intelligence landscape including: NHS data, data flows and quality, commissioning, performance, data management, data reporting and presentation, contract management processes, information governance, information strategy and operational data policies and guidance.
- Demonstrate advanced problem solving skills; this requires the the ability to evaluate different options and make decisions on what will yield best results.
- Have worked with EPR teams to support their agenda ensuring business as usual is maintained but future proofing any development work so that it is aligned to the EPR footprint.
- Advanced data architecture skills for optimized data storage and analysis supporting multiple and diverse needs.
- Installing and setting up and managing BI and reporting tool environments to support Trust wide use.
- Strong SSIS, SQL / T-SQL skills
- Experience of a variety of different data warehousing and data management technologies including proprietary, Microsoft suite (i.e. SQL Server, SSIS, …) and Opensource.
- In depth knowledge of EPR data structures and usage.
- Expert knowledge of data models, standards, terminologies and ontologies in health-care.
- Implementation and application of advanced analytical tools (e.g. machine learning, data science).
- Experience of Visual Basic and HTML.
- Health Informatics qualification (desirable)
What's on Offer
Opportunity to lead a team of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence professionals.
£350-400 per day INSIDE IR35.