Head of HR - 12 month contract
Must have retail / cosmetics / skincare / FMCG background
Must have senior HR experience
About Our Client
Leading skincare business
Role of the Head of HR - 12 month contract:
- Manage and maintain an effective relationship with the HR & Facilities teams to improve working practices and efficiency.
- Lead, motivate and develop the HR & Facilities teams to achieve the department objectives and to ensure high quality and professional service is provided to all employees.
- Develop and implement HR Vision and HR Strategy which supports the business goals.
- Plan and manage projects that support the HR Strategy, distributing relevant projects to the HR Team when required.
- Build effective relationships with the Heads of Departments and Directors to maximise business performance.
- Implement and use key metrics to challenge and drive continuous improvement in people management processes and overall business effectiveness.
- Define Company values and culture ensuring that it is communicated to all employees.
- Manage career development and succession planning.
- Work with senior stakeholders to ensure departments are equipped to deal with changing business requirements, from ideas generation to planning, implementing and communicating organisational change.
Remuneration & Reward
- Assess competitors benefits packages, compare and present findings to the Managing Director, with the view to improving existing benefits and implementing new benefits to help attract and retain high quality employees.
- Manage annual salary review and bonus process and communication process.
- Conduct external salary benchmarking of internal roles on an on-going basis.
Recruitment & Selection
- Oversee the 'Recruitment Status Report', be aware of current vacancies, advertising methods, assess the recruitment costs and look for areas to save costs in the future.
- To ensure the recruitment is of high calibre, qualified employees to support the business' needs.
Training & Development
- Oversee the management and facilitation of the T&D programs and leadership development initiatives.
- Implementation and management of annual performance appraisal process, ensuring all training needs that are identified via the appraisal process are recorded, actioned and escalated where necessary.
- Work with the HRBP's to continually source relevant training courses to develop and deliver to the business for maximum return on investment.
- Oversee all Employee Relations issues, ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide detailed advice to Senior Managers and Directors on complex Employee Relations issues including disciplinaries, grievances, absence, capability, etc. adhering to the Company's policies and procedures and current legislation.
- Management of organisation re-structure's and terminations in line with legislation and company process to avoid business risk.
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Link an HRIS and a payroll system to ensure accuracy of data, reduce amount of administration involved and give the HR department time to fully support the business.
- Ensure all HR processes are robust, compliant and fit for purpose.
- Provide HR/Payroll reporting to the business.
The Successful Applicant
Previous Experience and Knowledge for the Head of HR - 12 month contract:
- Senior experience working within a busy and demanding HR department
- Strong experience working as a HR Generalist
- Be able to think strategically and at the same time be comfortable undertaking operational activities.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Broad commercial HR experience across several disciplines.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Able to see the big picture, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with basic PowerPoint
What's on Offer