Head of Internal Audit & Sox - UK and EU
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation
Opportunity to progress and develop through the business
About Our Client
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is primarily engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh, frozen and value-added chicken and pork products to retailers, distributors and foodservice operators. They market their balanced portfolio of fresh, prepared and value-added meat products to a diverse set of over 6,500 customers across the U.S., the U.K. and Europe, Mexico and in approximately 110 other countries. Their sales efforts are largely targeted towards the foodservice industry, principally chain restaurants and food processors, such as Chick-fil-A® and retail customers, including grocery store chains and wholesale clubs, such as Kroger®, Costco®, Publix® and H-E-B® in the U.S., chain restaurants such as McDonald's® and grocery store chains such as Tesco and Waitrose in the U.K. and Europe, and grocery store chains such as Wal-Mart® in Mexico. The organisation employs approximately 31,900 people in the U.S., approximately 11,000 people in Mexico and approximately 15,600 people in the U.K. and continental Europe.
Moy Park & Tulip are part of Pilgrim's Pride Corporation.
Moy Park is Northern Ireland's largest company, one of the UK's Top 10 food companies and one of Europe's largest poultry producers. With a turnover of £1.5 billion the company employs over 12,000 people across 13 manufacturing locations in the UK, Ireland, France and Holland.
Tulip Ltd is the one of the UK's leading food solutions businesses, supplying all major food retailers, wholesalers and foodservice companies with a wide range of quality meat products. With a turnover of c£1 billion the company employs over 5,000 people across 15 manufacturing locations in England.
Reporting to the Global Head of Audit & SOX and indirectly to the regional CFOs, you will be based in Warwick and expected to travel up to 50% of your time, primarily in Northern Ireland/Belfast. Whilst this role sits within the regional Internal Audit team, this position will be part of a global pool and will also occasionally be required to perform audit reviews globally. This person will initially be responsible for oversight of a team of 3-4 internal audit staff, including daily task management, training, coaching, and periodic performance measurement within the team.
This is a hands-on position and you will be expected to be responsible for oversight of a Sox internal audit program for the Tulip and Moy Park operations, as well as delivering a variety of end-to-end financial and operational reviews, some of which may have a global footprint, and other special projects as required. Internal Audit is seen as a value adding business function and has a fantastic reputation for providing Management with comprehensive oversight of the key risks the business is facing. Building strong relationships with the executive/management teams and the business leaders is key to success in this position. Similarly, building strong ties and continuous alignment with external audit is essential. Strong commitment to and demonstration of Company values is required.
Essential Job Duties:
Manage the Internal Audit team for the UK and EU operations . This includes supervising a team of internal auditors, assisting with scoping, executing walkthroughs and review testing of key financial reporting and disclosure controls, remediation testing, deficiency analysis and reporting.
Work closely with SOX business partners and provide status updates and related reporting.
- Work closely and collaboratively with external auditors to align approach to maintain high reliance on Internal Audit's work.
- Perform, review and manage risk-based operational and financial audits
- Collaborate with management to develop appropriate action plans, as needed.
- Present audit results to all levels in the organisation, and follow up with management on previous audit findings to assure action plans have been completed.
- Prepare a risk-based Annual Audit Plan in conjunction with the Global Audit Team.
- Oversee the preparation and update of the SOX risk assessment for the UK/EU businesses.
- Perform special assignments or advisory support work on occasion.
- Keep abreast of changes in auditing and accounting professional standards, as well as regulatory standards.
- Coach, train and develop four direct reports, and support in the development of auditors from other regions.
- Assist the Global Head of Audit in preparation of Audit Committee documentation.
- Quarterly monitoring and reporting on performance against department budget.
- Up to 50% travel - throughout UK, Northern Ireland, and EU, as well as potentially US likely.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is expected to hold either an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA) or a recognised Internal Audit qualification (IIA). Previous internal audit experience is preferred, but candidates from both industry and practice will be considered. The business actively encourages internal progression, with many Internal Auditors joining the wider finance leadership programme and moving internally both in the UK and internationally.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of Internal Audit operations and general business operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Proven ability to collaborate with varied stakeholders
- Good coaching skills, working in cross-functional teams, and providing value added insights
- Strong knowledge of SOX, IFRS and US GAAP strongly preferred
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience would be an advantage
- Data Analytics experience would be an advantage although not essential
Structure of Internal Audit team:
- Head of Global Internal Audit / Sox - Colorado, USA
- Head of UK/EU Audit/Sox - Warwick
- 4 direct reports: 3 based in Warwick; 1 person in Belfast, NI
- Progression opportunities both within internal audit, or within the UK/EU operations
What's on Offer
Superb salary on offer plus car allowance, bonus and a flexible benefits package.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation. The business is truly international and growing, and offers candidates the opportunity to progress and develop through the business.
Any 3rd party CV's should be forwarded onto Michael Page for inclusion in the process.