- Lead the Technology function for a £120million turnover business
- Digital Development, E-Commerce background highly sought after
About Our Client
A well respected and iconic organisation with a large customer base. They are a major player in their sector and are likely to experience significant growth for the foreseeable future.
This is a key hire for our client, they are open minded about the level of experience for the successful candidate. Ideally you will have gravitas and the ability to come up with new idea's, challenge the status-quo and be superior communicator.
- Define and deliver the technology strategy ensuring alignment with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Assume day to day operational responsibility of core technology platform and back office systems.
- Work consultatively and collaboratively across the business to understand business problems and opportunities.
- Assume the role of technical leader to proactively suggest new tools or technologies to improve business effectiveness.
- Identify areas for improvement or enhancements of existing systems and tools as part of a system modernisation programme.
- Provide leadership and management across the IT and digital development teams ensuring resource, objectives and skills are in place to deliver the IT strategy.
- Responsibility for supplier relationships with key technology partners.
- Act as key technical contact across the wider group to advise and contribute to the wider IT group strategy and provide constructive challenge where necessary.
- Control of IT spend and budget planning.
- Ownership of the business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Maintain oversight of compliance led initiatives such as GDPR, PCI
- There may be scope to invest further in solutions to help drive business growth and efficiencies.
- To help define the future Technology roadmap and develop, coach and mentor the team
- It is critical that the Head of IT & Digital Development is able to speak to the business to uncover area's for improvement and innovation. Either by maximising the use of the current Technology environment or selecting alternative fit for purpose solutions.
- Work closely with the various departments - Digital, E-Commerce etc to understand key objectives and align the strategy.
- Key Technologies: C#.NET MVC, React, Bespoke E-Commerce Platform, Other bespoke Apps and API's,
The Successful Applicant
- The role would suit an aspiring Head of Technology, perhaps you are already a Head of Development wanting to take a step up.
- A holistic view of the IT organisation from web and application development through to security and infrastructure.
- Broad experience of innovating, implementing and maintaining technology, applications and infrastructure gained in a consumer facing business.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing IT solutions across complex, and fragmented technology systems.
- Experience of working with multi branded/multi region ecommerce platforms in a B2C/ transactional environment.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of designing and delivering IT strategy and systems for high-growth digital businesses
- Hands on, with experience of organising, managing and motivating teams to achieve results whilst growing their skills and capabilities to meet business requirements
- Ability to think strategically but act pragmatically and proactively.
- A Commercial thinker with proven ability to balance operational risk/requirements with technology innovation.
- Driving efficiencies and improvements through system automation and investment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Effective planning and organisational skills with ability to work independently.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and key supplier relationships.
- Experience of working in a matrixed business and multi divisional environment
What's on Offer
- £70,000 salary + Bonus, Car allowance and generous pension
- The opportunity to join an iconic brand in a high growth sector
- Manage a team of 12 with 3 direct reports
- Define and develop the Technology strategy in a £100m + turnover business
- Work with a diverse range of stakeholders in a multi county and territory environment
- Flexible working including work from home
- Opportunity for a handover period with the existing incumbent who leaves in May