- Head of IT Infrastructure & Security - £95,000 per annum - Manchester
- Deliver the strategy, roadmap & high-level design for European Infrastructure.
About Our Client
Michael Page Technology are proud to have partnered with a leading European manufacturing business, that is continuing its growth phase and looking for an experienced Head of IT Infrastructure & Security (Operations) to lead the infrastructure and operations team and ultimately be responsible for all of the Infrastructure and IT security services across Europe.
What you'll be doing:
As Head of IT Infrastructure & Security, you will lead the infrastructure and operations teams and ultimately be responsible for all of the Infrastructure and IT security services. The role will ensure secure solutions design, management, maintenance and performance of core Infrastructure (networks, datacentres, servers and device).
This role will be responsible for defining and delivering the strategy, roadmap & high-level design for all identified Infrastructure Services working closely with the Business and IT leadership teams.
The Head of IT Operations will be responsible for the efficient, effective, and secure utilisation of our infrastructure.
- As a senior leadership member, contribute to the development of the overall GIS strategy.
- Develop, manage and control the annual budget for the Infrastructure function.
- Manages the asset investment and replacement schedule for the hardware, infrastructure and desktop applications portfolio.
- Ensure the infrastructure and tools deployed are appropriately secured to minimise Cyber risk.
- Manage, coach, and mentor employees. Deliver timely performance feedback and counsel staff in career/performance development.
- Build long-term client relationships across the business, improve customer satisfaction and identify improvements to services based on customer needs .
- Pro-actively develop a local and global strategy that balances the local and global needs.
- Effectively communicate vision, strategy, and project plans to direct reports and wider teams to ensure clear understanding and maximise cooperation, support and engagement
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory frameworks and requirements including licensing.
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery plans are in place for the hosted applications throughout the organisation, and are regularly tested and fit for purpose
- Establish effective working relationships and monitor performance of external partners to ensure delivery of the highest standard of service
- Ensuring that all Infrastructure services are delivered in conformance with IT Governance procedures.
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills & Experience:
- Significant senior leadership level experience ideally gained in a Manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- Previous successful contribution to Group IT infrastructure focused roles in credible large scale, international businesses.
- Global Infrastructure and operational management experience essential.
- Understanding of the importance of security in a global context.
- Management of IaaS and PaaS and cloud provisioned services desirable.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to provide thought leadership and technical expertise.
- Ability to promote team working and collaboration, facilitating the measurement of performance by KPI's is highly desired.
- Communication - communicates at all levels clearly, listens and involves others in direction and goal setting.
What's on Offer
Position: Head of IT Infrastructure & Security
Salary: £80,000 - £95,000 per annum
- Smart Working Policy (50% home based)
- Company Car lease value £510 per month or call allowance £6800 per annum
- Non Contractual Bonus 15% on target 27% max opportunity
- Pension DC scheme - company will match up to 8%
- Life Insurance 3 x annual salary
- Private Health Care (small contribution requried annual)
- 30 Days holiday plus 3 statutory days
- Additional holiday entitlement 1 day for 15 years service and then another at 30 years service
- Thank you days potential up to 3 extra days holiday if full attendance