Head of IT Operations / Head of IT / Manchester
Work for a fantastic organisation who are passionate about what they do.
New exciting role,which will allow you to make a genuine difference.
About Our Client
Housing association based in South Manchester
- Ensure there are adequate technical and organizational safeguards to protect the continuity of IT infrastructure services by implementing IT security principles, methods, practices, policies and tools, including information and operations security, physical security, business continuity/disaster recovery planning, methods to deal with security breaches and security assessment in a technical environment.
- To provide technical oversight and governance to the design of applications or services within the Technology Services group and to the selection/procurement of solutions across the Company.
- To provide support for key infrastructure service, including, but not limited to email, intranet, file shares, security, etc.
- To perform research, analyse, design, propose and deliver IT architecture solutions that are appropriate for the business and IT strategy.
- Provide reporting, based on IT Service Management system statistics for SLAs.
- To lead and embed a high support/high challenge culture by showing inspirational leadership, timely and effective performance management/ coaching.
- To be responsible for planning, co-ordinating and redeploying resources and workload appropriately across the team to meet service and business demands.
- To contribute to the strategic leadership of the company and shaping their vision.
- To ensure the responsibilities of the post are carried out in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of company.
- To set, monitor and deliver on key performance indicators across the department, aiming to deliver continuous improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of in all relevant fields of computing and senior management experience.
- Proven management skills - strategic and operational and including colleagues, contractors and projects.
- The ability to motivate, inspire and influence a diverse and dispersed workforce by example and persuasion in a high-pressured environment and promote a one-team approach.
- Experience of delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Ability to set and manage complex budgets.
- Proven track record of successful partnership working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven relationship builder and influencer with stakeholders.
- Experience of contributing to the development and achievement of operating plans.
- The ability to develop, and project, a positive image of the comapny through interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner when working under pressure and maintain attention to detail.
A balanced mix of business and technical skills across the following:
- Systems / Cyber Security
- Disaster Recovery solutions
- User support
- Systems Testing
- Desktop technologies
- Microsoft software packages / technology
- Cloud Computing
- Technical solutions design
- Supplier management
- Networking, wireless and remote access technologies
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work for a company that genuinely care about what they do.
Great modern, tech-filled office, in an ideal location South of Manchester.
Be involved in the latest transformation.