Head of IT Service
£60,000 - £70,000
You'll join a market-leading Technology Services SME in a key senior capacity.
As Head of IT Service, you will have management and strategic responsibilities.
About Our Client
- Michael Page are proud to be partnered with a rapidly-expanding, high-growth Technology business that are going from strength-to-strength, having grown organically to now boast an impressive client base.
- Their market-leading solutions have seen the business consistently outdo the competition, and their expansion has now allowed for investment into their senior leadership function.
- As a result of this, they are now recruiting for an experienced Head of IT Service to join the business in a people-management capacity, to both drive delivery across the teams, and continue the provision of a world-class service to an increasing number of customers.
- As the successful candidate for the Head of IT Service vacancy, you will be highly experienced within the field of IT Service Delivery, preferably within the IT/Network/Telecoms service provider spaces.
- This is a critical role within the organsation, and will effectively act as the number 2 to the Senior Operations Director, and take ownership of both the Service and IT Support functions, which will include a Network Operations Centre.
- The role will oversee a team of 30+ indirect reports, but will directly line manage 2 Team Leaders that oversee the wider function of 30+.
- Internally, you will be responsible for the management, mentoring, training and ongoing development of your teams, consistently ensuring they have the right tools to deliver their best job, whilst managing resource and succession planning, and one-to-ones.
- Productivity management will be a central part of the role, and you will measure performances of your teams against clear KPIs, addressing gaps, and upskilling under-performance where appropriate.
- Externally, you will take responsibility for the delivery of exceptional IT Service to the organistion's customers, and ensure full availability of that service.
- This will be achieved through SLAs, service requests and customer experience management, and you will work closely with an outstanding team of Service and NOC professionals within an Agile environment, in order to consistently delight customers with a market-leading level of customer service.
The Successful Applicant
- As the Head of IT Service, you will have at least 5 years of commercial experience within a similar capacity, leading teams within the arena of IT Service.
- You will have a strong level of experience within IT operations, ideally with a particular focus on the Network service space.
- You will hold a proven track record in the delivery of change, and this will have been achieved through a unification of people, processes and systems, resulting in clear benefits to customers, whether internally or externally.
- The business are an SME, with approx. 200 heads, so this naturally will require an individual who is well-suited to the fact-paced, agile ways of working within a high-growth SME. You will be adaptable, innovative, forward-thinking and positive, with a hunger to drive real change.
- Given the seniority of the role, and the fact you will be part of a senior management structure, you will possess a gravitas and level of credibility that gets buy-in and confidence from both internal colleagues and external stakeholders alike.
- Whilst the role will embrace dynamic working, given the people-management responsibilities, and the collaborative culture of the business, you will be based locally to Birmingham.
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £70,000 + Car Allowance + Corporate Benefits Package.