- Opportunity to lead on a business wide IT Transformation programme of work
- The chance to shape the technology strategy for a Scottish institution
About Our Client
Michael Page are proud to have been retained by The Law Society of Scotland to appoint a Head of IT Transformation for a 2 year Fixed Term period to lead them through the biggest IT transformation journey the organisation has undertaken.
The Law Society of Scotland is the professional governing body for Scottish solicitors. It is about to embark on an organisational IT transformation programme that it expects to last approximately 24 months. This will create a new IT strategy that will future proof the IT estate for years to come. It will involve new system implementations, digitisation and automation of services where applicable.
IT Transformation programme
Develop, lead and deliver IT transformation programme over the next 24 months including:
1) Fit for the Future IT infrastructure: to provide a stable, secure and resilient technology foundation, with an infrastructure that is ready to meet the needs of the future.
2) Core Systems Strategy: implement new core systems (CRM and Finance as a minimum)
3) Digitisation and Innovation: implement technologies to digitise, automate and streamline our business process and client experience.
- Develop a long-term IT and digital strategy for the LSS which addresses future use of applications, infrastructure, communication technology, video conferencing, system integration, hosted platforms
- Develop and execute an implementation programme, including the implementation of new core systems (CRM and Finance as a minimum) and IT infrastructure
- Lead and advise on the best solutions for our core systems based on RFI's/RFP's industry input, budget and best practice for an organisation of our size
- Lead and manage needs analysis and other exercises required to inform request for proposals or requests for information
- Develop, manage and analyse relevant requests for proposals or requests for information
- Develop and prepare professional business cases for submission to our Finance Sub-Committee, Board and Council for significant investments in new systems and infrastructure
- Lead on contract negotiation
- Provide input and leadership to the current IT Programme Board and implement best practice project management principles in collaboration with current IT Programme Board members
- Lead and manage chosen software partners and consultants to ensure successful delivery of transformation programme on time, on budget and in scope
Day to day management of IT function
- Provide strong leadership and support to the IT team of 4 -6 people and day to day management of the IT function
- Manage, coordinate and cascade objectives to IT team to ensure the successful delivery
- Implement processes to ensure robust management of contracts and third-party suppliers
- Develop rolling IT equipment replacement programme linked to the long term IT strategy
- Implement change control procedures
- Ensure all policies and processes are documented and up to date
- Responsible and accountable for all IT operational and capital expenditure, budgets and forecasts
- Lead and drive business continuity and disaster recovery plan
- Lead and advise on relevant SLA's required in contracts
- Lead on the implementation of recommended security improvements
- Develop an in-house IT training function that empowers users to make the best use of the applications and services we provide
The Successful Applicant
- Significant experience of leading on the successful implementation of core systems for medium to large size organisations
- Substantial experience as IT programme manager and evidence of successful delivery of complex and interdependent projects on time, on budget and in scope
- Skilled in the procurement of systems, including development of Request for Proposal/tenders, evaluation, contract negotiation and contract management
- Experience in a senior management role across multiple IT disciplines
- Proven track record of participating in boards, committees and working groups
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to problem solve
- Ability to grasp business wide impact /awareness of long term projects that span multiple directorates/ teams
- Capable of managing budgets as well as management of outsourced services
- Knowledge of best practice IT infrastructure and architecture
What's on Offer
The opportunity to work with a historical Scottish institution as they modernise their IT estate by playing a central role in defining their IT strategy for years to come.
For the fixed term 2 year contract there is a competitive salary and benefits package on offer with flexible working available.