Head of IT
Head of IT - £60,000/£65,000 per annum - Manchester
Lead overall IT for this MediTech startup, leading on strategy, tech, innovation
About Our Client
Michael Page are delighted to be partnering exclusively with a leading MediTech business that is in its inital phase of growth to support them with the recruitment of a Head of IT.
What you'll be doing:
As Head of IT, you will define and then deliver the IT strategy, ensuring this is aligned to the current business priorities and the long-term business strategy, ultimately ensuring the organisation is fully supported with the right IT infrastructure and systems while remaining hands on when required.
- Providing IT leadership, budgeting and technical support.
- Maintaining and implementing continuous improvements to the organisations technology stack and landscape.
- Designing & configuring the IT Technology platform (Networks/Servers/Databases/Applications), Support infrastructure and Processes to support the business.
- Overseeing the development of relevant organisational technology policies, standards, governance and performance metrics, to ensure IT delivers value to the business.
- Carrying out & overseeing fault diagnosis, troubleshooting and appropriate problem/incident management.
- Liaising with end users, support technicians, 3rd parties, internal and external stakeholders.
- Working with and assisting the CFO to shape the IT strategy for the business in line with wider business plans.
- Lead the identification and implementation of digital transformation opportunities and change processes as part of the wider technology strategy that will help to drive organisational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring the IT Systems Team operate within Change standards, process and procedures when modifying IT systems & applications.
- Leading major IT systems incident recovery.
- Leading IT systems vendor reviews and managing performance when required.
- Design and manage the IT Development & Support functions utilising both internal & external resources.
- Working with the data security, facilities and laboratory teams on identification of IT Security\Compliance risks, ensuring that they are identified and remediated appropriately.
- Maintaining knowledge of IT systems technology and industry trends.
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills & Experience:
- Substantial experience managing IT services delivery, gained in a medical and/or business critical environments and understands regulated environments.
- Excellent understanding of IT architectures, infrastructures and business processes, and the ability to interpret these into innovative system solutions to meet business needs.
- Demonstrable experience building out innovative IT & systems strategies and their links to business strategies.
- Professional IT qualifications in systems design/networking or database.
- Acted as an IT Manager or Head of IT in a similar scale fast-growth business.
- Met customers' needs whilst setting achievable expectations.
- Extensive and good track record of managing technical teams including local and 3rd party supplier management.
- Experience of managing multiple projects.
- Experience of Business Change Management techniques.
- Excellent communication to all levels of the business.
- Driven continuous improvements and be comfortable with managing change.
- Great Interpersonal and people skills with the ability to deal with internal/external customers and IT suppliers/partners at all levels.
- Kept abreast of new and emerging technologies.
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £65,000 per annum