Head of Labour Market Economics
Labour Market Economics
About Our Client
An independent policy, research and development organisation
- Help lead the development of economic thinking within our client's organisation, providing internal and external expertise on economic and labour market policy, and contributing to evaluation of employment programmes.
- Raise the profile of our client, and build and maintain a personal profile, strengthening our client's position as a recognised and respected thought leader in labour market policy.
- Develop economic analysis capabilities, particularly in relation to the evaluation and quantitative analysis of labour market programmes, and the use of a range of relevant data sources and creative analysis to understand the labour market and the future of work.
- Proactively provide advice, support and guidance to colleagues, and ensuring that robust findings and recommendations are presented with clarity and precision.
- Support income generation, by generating project ideas, leading the development of proactive proposals and responses to tenders, and providing input into project proposals with a significant economics or analytical component.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and networks with key stakeholders including national and local government, trusts and foundations, and other research centres and think-tanks.
- Manage a team of economic researchers.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong understanding of labour market economics and labour market policy
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and compellingly.
- Experience of designing and analysing quantitative research projects, and experimental or quasi-experimental evaluation projects.
- Excellent networking skills with experience of building strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable skills in generating project ideas and writing proposals, with a proven track record of securing funding.
- Proven track record in designing and delivering high quality analytical projects in a fast-moving environment to meet funders' requirements
- Strong people management skills with experience in supporting professional and personal development.
What's on Offer