Head of Learning, Development - NHS Emergency Services
A Head of Education and Development 12 month fixed term contract
Supporting the Ambulance Service, working from home but HQ based in Cambridge
About Our Client
Accident and Emergency Services Support.
* To provide leadership to the Education and Training, and OD & Leadership Development Functions
* To provide direct line management support to the Education and Training Senior Leadership Team
* To be a member of Senior Management Group contributing to the day to day running of the Trust business
* To provide assurance to the Workforce Committee (a committee of the Trust Board) on the delivery of improvement plans relating to Education and Training, and OD & Leadership Development, escalating risks and providing mitigation
* To provide leadership and co-ordinate the governance and business of the Education and Leadership Group, and OD and Staff Engagement Group (Executive Management Groups)
* To ensure that training and education provision delivers to the needs of the Trust's workforce plan and Education and Learning Strategy, and meets the needs of our learners and staff, enabling the delivery of high quality care to patients.
* To ensure delivery against KPIs measuring utilisation, quality and effectiveness and driven by risk assessment and management
* To ensure the effective management of risk with appropriate escalation and mitigation
* To ensure systems are in place to ensure continuous improvement of the Trust's Training and Education offer responding to system, Trust and individual learner needs and feedback
* To manage key internal and external relationships with other functions, commissioners and regulators (notably NHS E & I, HEE and Ofsted) and key external partners (notably HEIs)
* To ensure the resource, financial and workforce, dedicated to the Education and Training and OD & Leadership Development functions, and ongoing support needs in the operational environment is both sufficient to deliver the Education and Training Plan and the wider Trust strategy.
* To ensure good governance is in place including the escalation of key risks and issues to SMG and Workforce Committee with appropriate mitigation and/or business continuity plans
* To ensure the adherence to regulatory frameworks and respond to regulator requests
The Successful Applicant
The post holder will ensure that the benefits of digital led information transformation are realised within the organisation.
This will be through ensuring we are supporting the wider workforce with the capabilities required to use Management Information Tools, as well as drive innovation in the use of digital health services.
As a member of the senior management team, the post holder will work with the, Chief Executive Officer, Director of Workforce and Chief Operating Officer and other Executives and key partners to help deliver the long term performance improvement of the Trust.
The post reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for providing high level management and co-ordination at both strategic and operational levels.
The post holder is accountable for leading and driving progress in identified areas of responsibility and within the parameters of established national and local priorities
What's on Offer
A challenging and rewarding 12 month contract.