- First legal hire as Head of Legal
- Joining a growing, entrepreneurial global business
About Our Client
My client is an entrepreneurial, fast growing organisation specialising in technology, engineering and consultancy services. They have a large appetite for growth over the next few years and are very ambitious and dynamic.
They are Birmingham based and this role will report into the CEO for the UK.
As Head of Legal & Company Secretary, the role's day to day duties will include:
- Working closely with senior stakeholders and execs to act as a legal business partner.
- Setting up a legal function and making sure necessary compliance is in place.
- Influence and negotiate on a broad range of general commercial contracts across technology, engineering, consultancy and energy.
- Cover a breadth of legal matters in-house as they arise.
- Have legal responsibility for international business entities across Europe
- Act as Company Secretary, taking board minutes, documenting meetings, ensuring appropriate insurances are in place and liability.
- Act as a conduit for external panel law firms, manage outsourced work effectively and legal spend.
- Involved in the company's corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Play a strong role in setting presidents and managing corporate governance
- Dispute resolution
The Successful Applicant
This role will require someone with the following skills and attributes:
- Must be a UK qualified solicitor or barrister, having trained with a reputable law firm.
- Previous experience as an in-house Head of Legal and a track record of company secretarial duties
- Confident to be able to work as Sole Counsel, in a stand alone legal role and knowledge of how to set up a legal function.
- Demonstrate breadth of excellent legal knowledge and experience.
- Must have high energy and a positive 'can-do' attitude
- A growth mindset and a want to get into the detail of the business and what people do.
- Must be patient and able to see the bigger picture, able to work flexibly within a very dynamic and changing organisation. Ability to be agile and adapt.
- Excellent legal business partnering skills and ability to develop relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to sectors such as energy, technology and engineering as helpful but not essential.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity as first time legal hire in a business where there is genuine growth and development